New Member w/ endo who just miscarried...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2010, 08:27 PM
A little bit about myself... I'm 23 Ive had servere endometriosis since I was 11. I've been married for a little over 2 years, To my wonderful Marine.. We have been trying to conceive for about 2 years now. We have done all the testing, and even tried hormone injections and clomid. It didnt work. I have had 6 Laps done, and tried Lupron, Depo, Letrozole. It didnt help at all. On April 9th, 2010 I had my 6th Lap done but this one was was a different doctor and it was called a Da Vinci? I didnt know much about it but he thought It would help a lot. So he removed some cysts I had and my endomtriosis was really bad but he was very optimistic because he was able to remove all of it.. On May 9th (mothers day) I took a PG test and got a faint positive, I threw it way thinking nothing of it.. Ive never gotten a positive before and it was so faint.. well on May 13th I took another test, no period, lots of heartburn and vomiting.. It was positive.. My husband and I were so excited! However, On May 16th I miscarried.. I went to the hospital with pains in my back where my kidney is and they said I was having a miscarrage, I didnt start bleeding until I left the hospital.. I was so devistated.. I started having panic attacks, I couldnt work.. etc.. I started my period on the 17th of this month so we are hoping to try again.. Im just so nervous that Ill miscarry again. I was told long ago I would never conceive, and if I ever did It would never stick because of the endomitriosis.. Im the type of person who keeps all these things to my self, I dont ask for help or share what Im going through.. But its getting to be too much, at all times Im wondering what can be done to help me, Im always googleing things and reading blog posts, but no one seems to be in my situation.. Either you have miscarried, or you have endometriosis and cant get pregnant.. I havent found anyone who has endometriosis and miscarried.. So Im putting my self out there, I want to know if anyone is like me, and if you got pregnant after your miscarraige and how long it took and if it was healthy and if you needed any help with medications .. Any information you can give me would be great because all these what ifs and shoulda's are driving me crazy.. I heard your very fertile after a miscarraige, my two girlfriends got pregnant right away after their miscarraiges but they didnt have endometriosis. So please help me ladies.
June 19th, 2010, 10:45 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
Hello and welcome to the board
I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you are going through. We have a member on here that has Endo, got pregnant on a clomid cycle but miscarried shortly after. She did however- ovulate a few weeks later and is currently in her 2ww.
I hope she sees this post soon and explains to you what she went through for you two are IDENTICAL in your endo/pregnancy/miscarry story.
Good luck and DON"T give up!!!...Through all this- if you can- just remember that you DID get pregnant. Even though it didn't stick- you DID get pregnant so you CAN and WILL get pregnant again!
June 19th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Thank you so much Keri, I appreciate it so much. Im not familiar with all the terms what is 2ww? I was on clomid a little over a year ago and my body didnt react to well to it. I was in so much pain I was hospitalized, they almost removed my right ovary. So I havent tried any medications other than taking FertilityAid and Prenatal Vitamins everyday. I suppose its good I started my cycle on time, well only a day late. My doctors office said I wouldnt start until next month because I didnt have a D & C after my miscarriage. All my tests say my hormones are back to normal so Im hoping we get pregnant this time.. I do hope the member your speaking off see my post, I would love to talk to her. Im so happy I joined, It feels good to know Im not alone.

Thanks,
Ashley
June 20th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Crys's Avatar Vampire Loving Mama :)
Send a message via MSN to Crys Send a message via Yahoo to Crys
Hi hun.

I think that even with endo it is still possible to concieve and my dr does believe it makes you at a higher chance of a m/c. Ive had 4 confirmed and I am on my 2nd sticky pregnancy.

I think also that you might want to try and talk to ladies here about your loss. We have a great pregnancy loss board that I joined this forum for. They really helped me through the hard times. I am glad you joined here & I pray you get a sticky bfp very soon hun

June 20th, 2010, 08:36 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi I'm Paige and the chicka Keri was talking about. I'll post later, gotta get ready to go eat lunch with my dad. I just wanted you to know I saw this and will be back

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
June 20th, 2010, 11:52 AM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
PS-----2WW is called the 2 week wait-- or the 2 weeks between Ovulation and your period. So whenever someone is in the 2WW- it means they have Ovulated and is now waiting to test/waiting for their period.
June 20th, 2010, 12:25 PM
We've been trying for 17 cycles now. I have both endo and PCOS so I don't ovulate on my own. We did all the fertility testing and an MRI and found out I also had a hydrosalpinx (Hydrosalpinx - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) which made it to where I could not get pregnant until it was fixed. I had the lap in the beginning of Feb. (my 3rd) and found out I was pregnant the middle of May. It was my 3rd cycle since the lap and my first on Clomid. We found out at 4 wks 2 days that it didn't implant right and I m/c at 5 wks. The doctor told us to take a month off the Clomid to let my body heal. We had every intention of doing that but when I started feeling ovary pains like I did on the Clomid (just not nearly as strong) and got a positive OPK, we decided to try. Right now I'm 7 dpo (days past ovulation) in the first cycle I've ovulated on my own and the first since the miscarriage.

I have a WONDERFUL doctor who told me that endometriosis in no way means you won't have kids, that miracles happen every day. Yes it's much harder for us to get pregnant and hard to get a sticky bean but not impossible. You got pregnant once, even though you had a loss, so you KNOW that you can get pregnant. He also told me (and I found from my research) that up to 90% of first pregnancies end in a miscarriage. Most women just never knew they were pregnant, just assumed that their period was a few days late. Your body sees that embryo as a foreign object and the body's job is to protect you from foreign objects so it fights it. Your next pregnancy has a good chance of being successful because now it "knows how" to be pregnant. Did that make any sense?

12/2011 - TAH and LSO
June 20th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I just want to say thank you to all of you ladies for helping me and explaining things to me. I pray we conceive this time round and it sticks. Im suppose to be fertile from the 6/29 - 7/3 and ovulate on 7/4 Ive never really had to use any tests to tell when I ovulate because I can feel it. But I used the Ovulation calender on this site and thats what it tells me.. So we are going to try and see what happens. Luckly Ive got a new job that I just sit at a desk all day so maybe that will help too. Thank you for all the positive thoughts. I pray you all conceive and it sticks as well. I cant tell you how much better I feel. I became so obsessed after I m/c, All i want to do is watch tv shows and movies with mommies and pregnant women.. Ive got one of those apps on my iPhone and I still watch and look at how far along I would have been and all that.. Its hard cause my close gf she is pregnant and we would have been due 2 weeks apart. And I hope this doesnt make me seem crazy to any of you but I swear I was having a boy.. I had crazy dreams and I just knew it was a boy and after we mc we even named him.. I have to say im terrified that if we conceive again that we wont enjoy it as much. That we will be worried about another mc.. I have always dreamed about what it would be like to be pregnant and give birth and hold that mircale in my arms.. so all these things keep going through my head.. But after reading other posts on here.. I feel better, Ive taken the apps off my phone, I dont need to stress it wont help me.. I do have a question for yall though.. After your mc did any of you get aggravated when people would touch you? like try to hug you and say they are sorry for your loss? or get pissed off when people tell you that It wasnt your time, that god has a plan, or it will happen when he thinks your ready? Cause I feel horrible about feeling this way, but people just frustrated me when they would do these things. and its not that im not religous cause I am, I just didnt want to hear it. Because to me its easy for them to say that stuff, but they didnt go through all the treatments and surgeries and meds to get to that point. They didnt go through all of those Negatives to finally get that POSITIVE! They dont know what I feel like, so how can they sit there and say those things to me.. Does this make me a bad person? Please be honest.. Cause Im not this person, Im shocked with how I feel and react to things now, cause Ive never been this person. I just want to make sure Im not crazy..

Thanks Ladies,
Ashley
June 20th, 2010, 03:39 PM
After your mc did any of you get aggravated when people would touch you? like try to hug you and say they are sorry for your loss? or get pissed off when people tell you that It wasnt your time, that god has a plan, or it will happen when he thinks your ready? Cause I feel horrible about feeling this way, but people just frustrated me when they would do these things. and its not that im not religous cause I am, I just didnt want to hear it. Because to me its easy for them to say that stuff, but they didnt go through all the treatments and surgeries and meds to get to that point. They didnt go through all of those Negatives to finally get that POSITIVE! They dont know what I feel like, so how can they sit there and say those things to me.. Does this make me a bad person? Please be honest.. Cause Im not this person, Im shocked with how I feel and react to things now, cause Ive never been this person. I just want to make sure Im not crazy..

It doesn't make you crazy or a bad person. We didn't tell many people, mainly because I didn't want to have to go through all that if we ended up m/c. I knew there was a good chance we would. I've got the opposite problem at work. My boss keeps saying "it's going to be really hard if not impossible for you to carry a baby isn't it" uhhhhh......we all grieve in our own way and NOBODY can tell us how we should feel, that it's not God's time, blah blah blah if they haven't been where we are.

12/2011 - TAH and LSO
June 20th, 2010, 08:17 PM
I know we should have waited to tell people, but we really didnt have a choice when I had to leave work early to go to the hospital. And at my job if you tell one person everyone knows by the end of the day.. I think that may have been part of it.. These people I didnt even tell myself were coming up to me apologizing... I am sorry about your boss, I think it would just make things worse having people be negative... I do hope you get pregnant and it sticks..

Tags
endometriosis , miscarriage , pregnancy & loss

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search