Problems after D&C, Lap and hysteroscopy

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Hi there,
I am very new to this, so please forgive me if i confuse you

I have always suffered with my periods since day one it became a part of life for me.
in 2007 (age 22) i had a lap to remove stage 3 endo. the procedure was fine and so was the recovery.

this year July i went for another lap (age 27), but i had a D&C and hysteroscopy as well.
the procedure went well, but the recovery was HORRIBLE!!!!
i got an infection which was the most painful thing i have EVER been through, i was hospitalized and was off work for 2 weeks.

i had endo removed (stage i dont know), a 7 cm cyst on my right ovary removed as well as more little ones, and then a non cancerous tumor removed from my uterus (that scared the poop out of me)

since July i have had extremely sore and heavy periods, and the space between them has been so short.

My first period was about 5 weeks after the op which i know is expected. and WOW that was sore
My second one was 21 days after the first and now, i have another one 15 days apart!!!!
i Just dont know what to do anymore......
my husband and i are trying, and im a typical woman i put too much pressure on myself (not good i know) to try fall pregnant. my GP said to me i have to just let it happen. and many friends have also told me to relax which i have been doing.

but i am so confused, i dont know what to do, how to feel, the op, infection and now my periods have just put me in a bad place.

If anyone has had similar issues like me i would LOVE to hear them and any advice too.

Thank you so much!
September 19th, 2012, 02:24 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hi and welcome to the endo board!!!!

wow, that really sounds like an awful recovery. and the infection probably made your recovery much worse.

i would maybe mention to your doc that your cycle has gotten much shorter.

i know my cycles vary alot. between 21 days and 35 days. but it has been years since my last LAP.

we have some amazing ladies on this board and they should be along soon with advice.

and please feel free to jump right in posting.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

September 19th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Hi Kerian,
Thank you for your reply!!!!
It was terrible, and i think maybe the infection caused a delay in healing, i just hope it hasnt caused any funny problems.

I am waiting to speak to my doctor and hopefully she can put my mind at ease.

My cycles would also vary, but they would say in the 22 - 24 day cycle. so i was always quite prepared.
I want to go for a hormone test, as i have had problems with my hormones in the past. and maybe a hormone imbalance is what's causing the problems.

Thank you once again,
its wonderful to be able to get support and advice!
September 19th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board! My name is Caitlin. I am sorry you have been through so much! I agree with Kerian and think it is important that you tell you doctor that your cycles are getting shorter. Are you using opks or charting?

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
September 19th, 2012, 10:18 AM
it could be a hormone imbalance, since you had a large cyst removed. but i am no expert, lol.

please let us know what your doc says, and feel free to ask us anything and hang around with us.

September 19th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Morning Ladies,
I spoke to my doctor yesterday explained everything to her, and she has booked me in to see her today. She said i shouldn't be experiencing this after the op, which i had to help with the pain and bleeding.

Cait&AngelAbove - I haven't been charting?? I've been told to just relax and not think about falling pregnant (yeah right haha) but i will speak to the doctor and see what she says. Thank you for your reply!

Kerian - i think it could possibly be that? hopefully what ever tests she wants to run something will come up, and I'll have an answer. Thank you for your reply.

I will keep you posted,
Have a wonderful day ladies!!!
September 20th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After I had my lap surgery (and had a large amount of endo removed, 60% had to stay though) my cycles became shorter, they went from around 28 days to 21 days. I have to admit, nearly a year later I still haven't mentioned it to my doctor, it doesn't matter right now because I am doing IVF so all my cycles are artificial anyway.

Do let your doctor know, there are ways to regulate periods, so hopefully something can be done, short cycles are just awful.

September 20th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Thank you for your reply Kiam,
I've had one before and i dont remember my periods being like this afterwards. They were actually less painful and less heavy.
Ive always had a short cycle, but this last one being 15 days, plus the heaviness and pain. and ive been having cramps in my left leg which is weird. Maybe because i had the D&C and Hysteroscopy its all like this

When i do fall pregnant i am hoping due to all the pooh i've been through and going through i have a breeze of a pregnancy and birth probably not haha.
September 20th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha, hey, there has to be some wishful thinking there, it's how we get through.

September 20th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Regular
Hi and welcome!!! I am sending positive energy your way in hopes that your meeting with your doc went well yesterday. Having the infection and those types of complications could have thrown your system into a tailspin. Hoping that it all gets straightened out!

Hugs!
~Victoria
September 20th, 2012, 10:30 AM
its good that you going in to see your doc. you cannot carry on like this. and hopefully you get some answers!!!!!

September 20th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would definitely suggest charting. Just going with the flow and not worrying about it probably works fine for women without any issues, but I know for me it actually makes me less stressed. If you don't want to take up actual charting I would at least consider using OPKs to see when/if you are ovulating. You can get them pretty cheaply (about 25 cents each) on amazon. If you are having cycles that short I imagine you either aren't ovulating or have a short LP. Both of those will keep you from getting pregnant, but there are also treatments for them. Hopefully your doctor can pinpoint the underlying cause of whatever is going on though so you don't have to worry about it. Good luck!

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 20th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Hiya Ladies,

thanks for all the supports and positive thoughts, well the Doctor isn't happy. she took some tests to check if i am pregnant (routine) and also checking for a possible misscarriage??? she has to rule those things out before she can look at anything else. there could be another infection which she will check after the results come back today.
She is going to do a hormone count next week as well as a sonar to make sure everything inside is ok.
I am just glad she is "on my side" she is my GP but i actually trust her more than my gynea!!

She is a little baffled as to why i am going through all this, but we reckon it could be down to my hormones. hopefully it is my hormones because that can be dealt with, plus i have had hormone replacements before. so i have a history of it.

hope all you all have a super Friday!!!!
September 20th, 2012, 10:32 PM
@Frozenoj - GREAT Thank you!!!
i will actually try it out, and i agree there are some women who just look at a pregnant women and they become preggo too hahaha! and for some of us really "lucky" ones, we have to actually lick a pregnant woman's tummy to just get the eggs moving

When i get all the results back i think i'll try a few things out. Thanks again!!
September 20th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No problem!

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 21st, 2012, 06:59 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are all here for you!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
September 22nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
hopefully she can figure out whats causing it.

January 11th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Hi there Ladies,

I dont know who will see this.... but i thought i would give you an update.

Well after a couple more months of very painful periods, and the doctors not knowing what was going on with me. Finally 2 months ago my periods started coming right, and my body started to get back on track PHEW

Cant express how nice it was to have a "normal" period and not want to die each month.

But it seems i wont be having my periods for a while....... lets say 9 MONTHS!!!
YAY I FOUND OUT I AM PREGNANT!!!!

I am roughly 5 weeks. I go for my first doctors visit and scan in two weeks - I CANT WAIT!

So excited!!
January 12th, 2013, 09:26 AM
congrats!!!!!!
i am so happy for you, what fantastic news!!!!!

Tags
d&c , endometriosis , hysteroscopy , lap

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search