Diagnostic Laparoscopy

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Cait&AngelAbove
  • 1 Post By kerian
  • 1 Post By pamplemousse

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Hi Ladies,

I had a visit with my OB/GYN yesterday to discuss my options for TTC. We have been trying for almost 15 months, and he has ruled out PCOS and confirmed that I do ovulate. His next speculation is that I may have endometriosis and wants to do a diagnostic laparoscopy. I am strongly considering it but will need to wait at least two to three months considering I will be out of work for up to 3 weeks. I asked if there was any medication I could take beforehand and he mentioned taking Lupron but didn't recommend it if I indeed had endometriosis because it could interfer with the laparoscopy once I was ready to have the procedure. Have any of you tried meds before having the laparoscopy? What were your experiences?
January 8th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a lap done in February of 2011 and the doctor found stage four endo then went on Lupron for six months. I am now doing another round of Lupron because my horrible pain is back. I would suggest doing a lap first to see if you have endo then if you do perhaps going on the Lupron. I have had a fairly easy time on it. My biggest symptoms are fatigue, mood swings, and migraines. Why will you be out of work for three weeks? I truly wouold not go on the Lupron until you find out for sure if you have endo.
BeachMum and sweety02 like this.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
January 9th, 2013, 06:16 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hi and welcome to the board!!!

i didnt go on any meds before my lap. my doc did my lap because DH had poor morphology and we had to do IUI and he wouldnt do IUI without a lap first.

i would also not go on any meds before the lap.
sweety02 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

January 10th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cait&AngelAbove View Post
I had a lap done in February of 2011 and the doctor found stage four endo then went on Lupron for six months. I am now doing another round of Lupron because my horrible pain is back. I would suggest doing a lap first to see if you have endo then if you do perhaps going on the Lupron. I have had a fairly easy time on it. My biggest symptoms are fatigue, mood swings, and migraines. Why will you be out of work for three weeks? I truly wouold not go on the Lupron until you find out for sure if you have endo.
My OB/GYN said it will take 1 to 3 weeks to heal. Thank you for the information.
January 10th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're welcome. When I had my lap done, I was sore for a couple of days but I definately could have gone back to work before a week.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
January 10th, 2013, 09:22 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i was only off for a week, but i took a full week off cos i stand all day.
it did take me longer till i felt back to normal though.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

January 12th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Lupron is a hormone that would interfere with TTC, and also causes many unpleasant side effects (it reduces estrogen). I would wait it out until you have the lap, and go from there whether you want to continue TTC or put that on hold for hormonal treatment.
Having a lap increases your chances to conceive for a period of time after surgery.
sweety02 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search