SA Results (x-posted)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 05:04 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got our SA results back, and the numbers leave a bit to be desired. Here they are, with normal in parentheses.

pH - 9 (7.2-8.1)
Liquefaction - <30 minutes ( <30 minutes)
Viscosity - Normal
Volume - <0.5 (1.5)
Count - 4 (15)
Initial Motility - 66% (>40%)
Progress Motility - 43 (>32%)
Morphology - 28% (>30%)
Other - Large amount of immature germ cells

So pH is high, but from what I understand that sways boy and could have something to do with the lemon water he's been drinking so I'm okay with that. Volume and count are terrible. He's recently had the flu and an upper respiratory infection with a fever and was on two rounds of antibiotics, so that could be affecting his numbers. Of course even if he doesn't have anything "wrong" with him it will still take 3 months for things to get back to where they need to be. Morphology is also low, but not terribly low. The motility looks pretty darn good. I am hoping that because his motility is better than normal the few sperm he does have that are the right shape will be able to get to where they need to be. I don't know what the immature germ cells mean and trying to research it made my brain hurt.

Right now the plan is to keep going with this cycle and DH is going to try and make an appointment with the urologist today. It really depends on what the urologist says for our long term plan. If he thinks we still have a decent chance of conceiving doing what we're doing while he undergoes treatments then we will. If he thinks there's not much point until the numbers get better then I might see about going on Lupron in the interim. If he suggests we will have to do IUI or IVF we will probably just give up, work on me getting better (which likely means a hysterectomy), and start working towards adoption.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
February 21st, 2013, 06:19 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tasha, first off (((hugs)))). i know how initially these results can be pretty depressing.
but his numbers are not too bad.

hopefully the urologist can give you some answers!

my DH had a 2% morphology and managed to knock me up twice, lol.

can i ask why you wouldnt consider IUI?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

February 21st, 2013, 06:35 AM
Well right now I see an OBGYN and to get an IUI I'd have to find an RE. We don't have any fertility insurance so we just can't afford it. The actual IUI isn't too expensive I don't think, only like $200, but the ultrasounds and trigger and stuff are. I was told that with my endo and PCOS combined I could have up to a 50% chance of miscarriage even if it does work so it just doesn't make sense in our current financial situation.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
February 22nd, 2013, 07:06 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am doing my iuis through my ob for now. We aren't doing a trigger though. My insurance doesn't cover REs either. I definately think for now the best route is to go see the urologist and go from there. Typically they do two or more SAs before saying the guy has low sperm count.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
February 23rd, 2013, 07:29 AM
it is hectically expensive here as well.
and my gyn at the time wanted to do IVF, but we just couldnt afford it.

hopefully the urologist can help.

February 23rd, 2013, 08:59 AM
Well the good news is, we were able to get an appointment for the first! I really didn't expect to get one so soon since DH can really only get appointments on Fridays. That should be right around O time, so I'm hoping with the urologists help we will have a plan in place before the start of next cycle.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
February 24th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Tasha, thats great news that you dont have to wait weeks for an appointment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search