Possible endometriosis? What to do?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jessicake

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 04:49 PM
jessicake's Avatar Veteran
I'm not sure where to go from here....I've read through the endo symptoms here and think I should look into it further. I have very painful periods and heavy flow. My lower back and legs ache horribly and I get nauseous as well. During my period I have painful bowel movements, and sometimes slight rectal bleeding. It seems to be getting worse. I also have mid cycle spotting as well.

Today has been bad We are in the process of reno'ing our new house and are moving this week and of course I get my period today. I had to leave the house and come home and lay down. I was crying and thought I was going to throw up several times, light headed and dizzy, really weak feeling. I took some ibuprofen and that helped my cramps but my back and legs are still aching. I've emptied my cup three times today already and the blood was very thick and dark. I spotted pink 2 days leading up to this? I had some rectal spotting today to. Ugh.

We've been TTC with no luck. I was off BC for a year and we did the not trying/not preventing thing. My periods were painful then and we had no luck getting prego (just a chemical) and I went back on BC (nuvaring) for 6 months. Went off it again last May and started TTC harder a few months after that. I have quit charting as it's too stressful, but my LP is short. Shortest LP I had was 6 days, longest was 12 but I spotted during it.

I went my family doctor for a referral to a OB GYN in December but still haven't heard back. Hubby thinks I need to go back in tomorrow. He's half ready to haul me into the ER tonight if I still feel so bad.

Should I mention my worry of endo to my doctor when I go in tomorrow? Did you all suspect it or did you just get diagnosed? Any pain management ideas other than ibuprofen and a warm bath? I need to get through this crazy week of work and moving :/

February 25th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you are having to deal with us. I would definately go see your doctor again and push to see an obgyn. I suspected I had endo but when I had my lap/was diagnosed, my doctor was going into remove a a cyst.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
February 25th, 2013, 07:56 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hon, i would def push your doc for a referral. all your symptons def sound like endo to me.

for pain i find an anti inflammatory helps me alot especially with the pain and leg pain. non steroidal anit inflammatories are often used for endo pain.
i had no idea i had it, even though i had the symptoms, i just didnt know anything about endo until my lap.

i hope you can get some relief from the pain.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

February 25th, 2013, 08:42 AM
jessicake's Avatar Veteran
Thanks so much ladies. I called my doctor this morning and now have an appointment with an OB GYN in March. Thank goodness! I'm also getting an ultrasound done to see if there are cysts or anything like that going on. It feels good to be taking some steps forward to figure this out.
kerian likes this.

February 25th, 2013, 10:07 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thats good news!!!!

let us know how the ultrasound goes and how the appointment with the gyn goes.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

February 25th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad you were able to get an appointment!!!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search