Question about the Diagnosis of Endometriosis

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2013, 12:22 PM
Hello Ladies!

Me and my hubby have been trying to conceive for just over a year now. I do have a condition called Hypothyroidism disease that can cause irregular cycles and anovulatory cycles. However, I just recently got my thyroid regulated and am now within the normal range. I have had about 11 periods this year ranging from 34-47 days, and one 19 day cycle, and one 70 day cycle. So I do get periods, they just come when they want to and are very unpredictable. When I get my periods they are usually around 5 days long with a flow of light to medium and menstrual cramps are mild to moderate. I usually take Tylenol and the cramps go away within 20 minutes. About 3 weeks ago we went to see an RE and she said she thought I might have PCOS based on my irregular cycles so she performed a trans-vaginal ultrasound and luckily there were no polycystic cysts and the ultrasound showed I had ovulated and my uterine lining was thick. She said she fully expected to see polycystic cysts and considering my testosterone is on the low end as well I don't think I have that. She then mentioned Endometriosis (I'm assuming because of my thick uterine lining) now when I had this appointment, this was the 70 day cycle and I received my period just 2 days later and my progesterone came back that day at a 10 in which she said that I had ovulated as she detected on the ultrasound and to look out for my period or a positive pregnancy test within the next few days. Sorry so much information but I wanted to give some background. My question is, why would she think I have Endometriosis when I have no symptoms other than irregular periods? Is it possible to detect Endometriosis on a trans-vaginal ultrasound because I heard it can only be detected by a Laprascopy. Has anyone else ever been diagnosed with having hardly any symptoms as well? I'm also scheduled for an HSG tomorrow. Any advice would be helpful! Thank you!
December 3rd, 2013, 02:06 PM
Kissthegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey girl! I'm actually just floating around the JM site (usually on TTC board, or TTC with Medical Assistance). I recently went to my RE last week for our first visit (and we have a scheduled, first IUI this Friday), but my RE said that if I wasn't pregnant within 3 months of IUI, then he wanted to do a Laprascopy on me as well to rule endo out. He said he was kinda concerned that I have STRONG cramps on day 1 and 2. But I've always thought that every woman has some type of cramps on during their period, some are just worse than others. I have very regular cycles, ranging from 28 days to 30 days like clockwork. And when he did a trans-vaginal u/s he didn't feel anything either. So... I, like you, am kinda curious why a RE would just expect, or think you might have endo based on one condition? In your case, it's your cycle lengths... in my case it's because I have to be on ibrophen for the first day of cycle cause I hurt bad.

Who knows. Sorry I don't really offer up much advice. Just wanted to offer a hug.

Good luck on your HSG! I had that done back in April 2012. I won't lie to you, they didn't give me any meds, and it hurt. Hope it goes so much better for you! please let us know what they say!

After 35 months of TTC (3 failed IUIs, 18 failed months on Clomid, 2HSGs, 1 D&C, and a Laparoscopy diagnosing Stage 2 Endometriosis) God has granted us our prayers and I am pregnant with our 1st baby! Due in March 2015!!

December 7th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Impatientlywaiting's Avatar Veteran
Just lurking on here.. But wanted to share that i had very very regular cycles, some uncomfortable cramps for the first couple days of my period but nothing intolerable and never had pelvic pain or cramping in between periods. After seeing an OB and 1 RE who was no help the 2nd RE I saw did 2 medicated cycles and thought something was definately up since my bloodwork was all normal, I am young and DH has above average sperm. The only "off" thing related to my fertility was mildly poly cyctic ovaries I really didnt think endo was a possibility at all. I had a laprascopy in Feb and had stage 4 endo.
Every body is definately different but just thought I'd share my experience. No symptoms doesnt mean no endo but like I said, every body is different.
I got pregnant within 4 months of my lap and am currently 24 weeks pregnant. Good luck to you guys!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search