Endo questions

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mrs.ceebee.0915
  • 1 Post By Kissthegirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Kissthegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies. Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday. Mine sucks. AF just showed, and so month 34 of TTC has commenced.

Most of you on this board don’t know me as I used to be a regular on the TTC board (on and off for a while), but now I guess I’m fearful that I may have endo.

Quick background… My husband and I have been TTC our 1st for 34 months now. We tried 6 months of Clomid, plus an HSG and of course many SAs for DH before we went our RE. We first went to the RE in August 2013… Had our 1st, 2nd and 3rd IUI during my November-Jan. cycles (while taking 100mg Clomid, Ovidrel and then the IUI with TI). After our 3rd IUI at the end of Jan. 2014, I met with our RE in Feb. and he said that he feared I could have endo and the only way to diagnose it would be surgery. DH and I have quit everything (except DH's meds) since Feb.

The only symptom that I have it is that I cramp pretty hard on day 1 of AF. I do start cramping (it’s like a gloomy tug) about 3 days before I actually start. And then on day 1 I usually hurt to where I take ibuprofen on and off all day. And I’m heavy for like 5-6 hours on day 1… but then when I get to Day 2 the cramps go away (I only feel slight tugging) and my flow changes to a light medium. Then days 3-5 I spot on and off.
I’m 31 now… and my periods use to be heavier. I used to be very heavy on days 1 & 2, with a medium flow days 3 & 4, and then spot for the last 3 days.

But I don't have pain during intercourse... and I have never had pain when I've been examined by my doctors. And all of my ultrasounds have shown no sign of endo. I guess I always thought, so what if I cramp before or during my periods... is that the reason they make midol?

Anyways… so I found out that my aunt (my mothers side), and my grandmother (my mothers side) BOTH had endo bad. They both had hysterectomies. PLUS, I watched my mom have TERRIBLE periods my whole life, but she was never checked for endo. I’m starting to really get fearful that I have this, and this is the reason for 34 month journey with infertility.

So, I called my RE’s office, and they are working with my insurance, and getting a quote together for me on how much we will have to pay if I get this surgery done… which, it’s looking like the fearful side of me is going to get it done.

If anyone has endo, I would LOVE to hear your story and words of wisdom.

After 35 months of TTC (3 failed IUIs, 18 failed months on Clomid, 2HSGs, 1 D&C, and a Laparoscopy diagnosing Stage 2 Endometriosis) God has granted us our prayers and I am pregnant with our 1st baby! Due in March 2015!!

April 10th, 2014, 12:18 AM
mrs.ceebee.0915's Avatar waiting for a miracle...
Hi Michelle!

I was diagnosed with severe endo a year ago and had a lap surgery for it last June. I am not sure what info you are looking for about endo, and I am in no way super knowledgable about it compared to some of the other ladies on JM (though this board is super quiet and I don't come on here hardly at all anymore). But I can tell you that I used to have irregular periods (heavy flow, cycles were long one month, short the next, then long for many after that). I didn't have much of the pain I hear is associated with endo. Only a couple times since I first got my period did I have "bad" cramps, but they were during really stressful times in my life and I definitely associated the stress with the cramps.

I can say that SINCE my surgery, my cycle has become much more regulated (cd28-31 days, which is awesome for me), my "heavy" days are way less heavy than I used to have, and I have almost no cramps anymore, not even little ones. I was scared about the surgery, but I had a great doctor who walked me through it before hand and was there for any questions afterwards. From the surgery, I found out that I had severe endo and have probably had it for awhile since I got my period. I wound up having so much endo, it took them a lot longer for the surgery to get it all taken care of, and I wound up losing one ovary as well to the endo. Not a common thing to lose the ovary, but it is what happened to me.

Since the surgery I have been TTC with clomid and IUI's, but have not gotten pregnant, and am now at the time frame where my doctor has said I probably need to have the surgery again to see if the endo has come back. My doc says the endo most likely will not be as severe as the last time (since that was many years of endo build up and this would only be one years worth), so that is where I am with my endo right now. We haven't booked the surgery, but since we are looking to move on to IVF, we will probably book it for this summer again.

I hope something here helped you. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. I am mostly on the TTCMA board, but pop over here once in awhile. I think I recognize you from the TTCMA boards, didn't you post over there a couple of times? If not, you may find more help on the TTCMA board, so pop on over if you feel like it, they are a great bunch of ladies and super knowledgable!
Kissthegirl likes this.

ttc and start our family since august 2011 <3

Our IVF ER is coming up!! So excited!!!
April 14th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Kissthegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much for your help and your story! Many blessing towards you and yours on TTC!
mrs.ceebee.0915 likes this.

After 35 months of TTC (3 failed IUIs, 18 failed months on Clomid, 2HSGs, 1 D&C, and a Laparoscopy diagnosing Stage 2 Endometriosis) God has granted us our prayers and I am pregnant with our 1st baby! Due in March 2015!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search