Hi ladies! New to this section...

Forum: Gardening

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gardening LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
and also new to gardening.

My mom gardens, and so do my il's, so I have picked up some knowledge from them. This will be my first year doing it alone, though. We're in a townhouse right now so I don't really have the space for a vegetable garden and our landscaping is controlled by the HoA, but I'm taking on some container herb gardening. I'm really excited and glad to have a place I can share and hopefully, learn some tips.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my fabulous siggie!
February 28th, 2012, 05:11 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Sounds great Keakie! I grew a few herbs last year and we are planning on trying out some more this year.
March 4th, 2012, 02:24 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Yay! You can do veggies in containers as well - think peppers and tomatoes. I'd give it a try.

Last summer my habanero pepper plant was still producing peppers full tilt in September and I was worried about frost so I transplanted it into a pot and kept it inside until the winter. Habanero peppers have sticky leaves (who knew?) that kept falling on my wood floors and leaving an icky residue so I decided to toss the plant outside when I got sick of it. But the plant seemed to do just fine in the pot.

Pinterest
Flickr
March 5th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
Hello and welcome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search