What do you do about pants?

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Super Mommy
My DD is tall (10 months old and in 12 month clothes) but, as you know, thin. I have the hardest time finding pants that don't just fall off her! Most of her clothes are therefore one piece things right now. But there is not much in 12 month clothes that are one piece things - that's more of a 'baby style' than a 'toddler style.' What do you all do for pants for your little ones? I keep thinking I'm going to have to learn to sew soon so I can alter the normal 12 month pants and make the waist smaller somehow (no idea how to do that though)...
Anyone have any creative ideas?
- Xty
April 9th, 2008, 02:22 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I have this issue too. But luckily the cloth diapers keep her pants up, lol. I make sure her diaper is super fat.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
April 9th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Caeden&#39;sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've mostly done like you... Stuck to one piece things. Now that he's out of the "baby" sizes, overalls have been a LIFE saver. I buy several of those, and use them often. I also found a pair of "adjustable waist" pants at Wal Mart... which basically just has an elastic belt. But i can take that belt out and use it on any of his pants with belt loops. It doesn't completely keep his pants up, but it does help... lol.

Other than that, i've just resigned myself to the fact that my son will often walk around (the house, not in public) without pants. If it's too cold for that, then i either put him in jammies or overalls or something.

Good luck! It's amazing how difficult little things can be with these little ones sometimes...
April 9th, 2008, 07:47 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I have found that Circo leggings (from Target) fit Paige really well. She is 36inches tall and 16lbs 3oz. She is in size 24 months. The Circo leggings are the only pants that don't fall off her. I think we own every single color they make...and have 2 or 3 of many colors. lol Also the Circo shorts and basically just Circo in general seem to fit her really well.
I also do as other have stated - 1 piece outfits - dresses, overalls, etc.

April 9th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We use cloth diapers. That makes her butt big enough to hold the diapers up.

May 21st, 2008, 09:39 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dd, is 6, but super super thin. I am not sure about the toddler sizes, but starting at at least 4T, they do have many jeans and shorts with adjustable waist pants. I have found them at Target, walmart, kmart, Kohls, JCPenny's Sears, all over the place now. When my dd was younger, I ended up using a diaper pin to tighten up the waist of her pants.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search