Been awhile...

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2008, 07:56 PM
Caeden'sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I realized it's been awhile since i've updated on Caeden, so figured i should check in.

He's actually doing really well!! His last labs were better, and his doctor cut his medicine dosage in half, so it seems like his RTA may be resolving itself.

And ever since i loosened up on those stupid rules, his weight has been doing SO much better! He had another appointment with the feeding clinic, and thank goodness... she agreed that i was doing the right thing! And even better, since his growth was so good, we don't have to go back there anymore. Yaay!

So... In case anyone's curious, his weight was 22 lbs. 6 ozs., and his length was 32 1/4 in. And he'll be 2 in two weeks ( Can hardly believe it! lol.)

So... How are our other little ones doing? Haven't heard updates from some of you in awhile either... Hope it's because everything is doing well!
June 2nd, 2008, 05:32 AM
Super Mommy

Yea! That's awesome! I'm glad he's doing so well! And yea for being able to reduce the meds - are you going to try to keep reducing them until he's completely weaned?
- Xty
PS We're doing really well here - just had my DD's 1st b-day this weekend and she LOVES cake frosting. LOL I suppose I should have just let her eat frosting everyday for the past year and maybe we wouldnt have had so many weight problems with her!
June 2nd, 2008, 02:08 PM
Caeden&#39;sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:

Yea! That's awesome! I'm glad he's doing so well! And yea for being able to reduce the meds - are you going to try to keep reducing them until he's completely weaned?
- Xty
PS We're doing really well here - just had my DD's 1st b-day this weekend and she LOVES cake frosting. LOL I suppose I should have just let her eat frosting everyday for the past year and maybe we wouldnt have had so many weight problems with her! [/b]

Yeah, i think the idea is to wean him off the meds. His 2 year appointment is in a couple weeks, and we'll be redoing his labs the day before to see how he's handling the half dosage. My guess is if he's doing well, we might try him completely off them? Not sure... Will find out soon though!

Anyway, happy birthday to your daughter! I had to laugh about her loving the cake frosting, because that's been my son lately too. My brother and i just had birthdays in May, and of course Caeden's birthday is coming up... and he's addicted to cake already! Even though it's gone, practically every day he gives me this look, and yells "tay taaaaaaaaaaake!" (his way of saying cake). lol. It's too cute!

Luckily with our little ones, them liking cake is a GOOD thing, huh?
June 4th, 2008, 05:22 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
My daughter has a major sweet tooth I'm glad he's doing better for you!! YAY Caeden! Anastasia is doing okay. I got the doctor to back off monthly weight checks after we got another opinion. The other doctor said that her size was probably genetics more than anything else (yay!). She'll be 2 in August and weighs about 19 lbs now.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
June 4th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Caeden&#39;sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yaay on your doctor easing off, and agreeing it's probably just genetics. Sounds like Anastacia is doing well! I can't believe you're 30 weeks already... Pretty soon you're going to have a new little one! So exciting.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search