Food

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2008, 03:39 PM
jenniferleighxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenniferleighxo
Hello,

My son was born @ 5 lbs, 6 oz. He was born @ 37.5 weeks as I had pre-eclampsia. Ever since birth he's remained on the same percentiles, 3-5% for weight and 50-75% for height. He has virtually NO body fat! He has had tests run, and everything is normal, he just is active and burns everything fast! I noticed this summer at the pool, whenever he is cold/wet he shivers so much, and I know it's because, he's got no body fat! My daughter on the other hand is 13 months and weighs what he does now!

My question is, what foods are high in calories? any tips/help is appreciated!

</div><div align="center">

</div>
September 3rd, 2008, 04:13 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
There is a sticky about ways to increase calories in your child's diet. There is a lot of good ideas in there.

Some of the things I do is add Carnation bfast drink powder to her milk, add milk powder to her meals, adding cheese to pretty much every thing, adding butter to foods, giving her whole milk not reduced fat milk, and pancakes with butter, syrup or waffles with peanut butter.

Paige was also born right around 37 weeks (after me being in pre-term labor since 25 week). She was 5lbs 5oz at birth. She's never been on the chart for weight and was around 90% for height but has leveled off a bit...she's still around 50-75% though. Interesting thing is...she was the farthest along and biggest of my 4 babies at birth.

September 3rd, 2008, 04:28 AM
jenniferleighxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenniferleighxo
Okay, Thank you those are some good ideas! I will look at the sticky for more!

</div><div align="center">

</div>
September 5th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This is probably not the best thing to admit, but for the last week Carly has been eating cheese wiz non stop. We are putting it on everything and she is eating it . Although sometimes she just licks the cheese off. You can try ensure. This did not work for us, she refused to drink it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search