scandishakes

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hi, everyone. i used to host this board last year but resigned once i had my baby and my son was "cleared" of his FTT diagnosis. it seems like there are a lot of new faces here and i just wanted to share with you all a product that REALLY worked for my son. it's called scandishake and i was told about it by his GI NP. when you mix it with 8oz of whole milk (about 150 calories) it makes a shake with 600 calories! it does tend to fill him up a bit so when we use it, and we still do sometimes, i'll give him half in the morning and half in the evening. i started giving it to him again these last few months and he gained 2lbs, which is huge for us. he'll be 3 on sept 26 and is only 26lbs. i have his 3yr physical and didn't want to get grief about his weight, that's why i gave it to him. he eats okay but is sooo active, he just doesn't eat enough to make him really gain weight. the shakes are kinda expensive but soo worth it. there are a few other girls in his PR that have little kids and have used it and had good luck with it. supposedly you can add it to a large variety of things, not just regular milk, so even those on other kinds of drinks *may* be able to use it. as always, ask your doctor before giving it to your child. hope it helps someone!

oh, and i can only ever get it online, i can't find anyone locally that sells it. i use this site http://www.axcan.com/scandishake_us.php?lang=1 they deliver FAST. they also sell something called scandical and it's a white powder that you can add to different foods, like casseroles, macaroni, ketchup, etc, and it adds something like 35 calories per TBSP.
September 18th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Veteran
I just wanted to add that they will send you free samples of the Scandishakes and Scandical - all you have to do is call and ask!

Jenn
Mommy to Kendall, Cade and Colton
September 20th, 2008, 12:35 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Hi Lisa!!! Feel free to stick around even though Brandon isn't FTT anymore. How is the new baby doing??? Hope all is well!!!

September 21st, 2008, 06:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
thanks, renee, i do peek in from time to time. i'm so scared that they are gonna want to start this all over again with brandon cause he's still so little. he's only about 26lbs and he'll be 3 on friday. we go on oct 15 for his appt, so we'll see what they say. he's the oldest in his preschool class but the smallest, too. we still struggle some days with just getting him to eat. our other struggle is finding jeans for him to wear, lol. those scandishakes have been lifesavers for us.

our baby, jack, is great. he's the total opposite of brandon when it comes to all this. he's 9 months old now and weighs 19lbs. he's not huge, but big for us, lol. i really held my breath for awhile since b didn't have issues until 6 months old.

anyway, thanks for asking! i can't believe your baby is already one! she's adorable!!
September 26th, 2008, 04:37 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Quote:
thanks, renee, i do peek in from time to time. i'm so scared that they are gonna want to start this all over again with brandon cause he's still so little. he's only about 26lbs and he'll be 3 on friday. we go on oct 15 for his appt, so we'll see what they say. he's the oldest in his preschool class but the smallest, too. we still struggle some days with just getting him to eat. our other struggle is finding jeans for him to wear, lol. those scandishakes have been lifesavers for us.

our baby, jack, is great. he's the total opposite of brandon when it comes to all this. he's 9 months old now and weighs 19lbs. he's not huge, but big for us, lol. i really held my breath for awhile since b didn't have issues until 6 months old.

anyway, thanks for asking! i can't believe your baby is already one! she's adorable!![/b]
Good luck at the appt on Oct 15th.
Glad to hear Jack is doing so well. I hear you on the being having a baby not being huge but big for you. Claire is around 21lbs or so at 13 months old. She's REALLY short and looks chunky!! It is soooooooooooooooooo great to have a chunky baby and not have to worry so much. Alexis was always thin (still is) but she is so short that when they take that in to acct her height/weight ratio is good.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search