Danny's GI appointment

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
So Danny went to the GI today. First off I really hope the scales are different because if not than he lost from 23lb 4oz down to 22lb 9oz again...

They are not going to do a scope at this point but here is the list of tests they have ordered.

Blood

CBC with Diff,Plt
Comp Met profile
TSH/Tree T4
Celiac Genetic Panel
Serum Trypsinogen

Stool
Stool Elastase
Stool for Fat
Fecal Lactoferrin
Fecal Calprotectin

Sweat Chloride Test Monday the 24th...

So I am a little nervous as I don't know what all of these are and really don't want the ones that I do know what they are to come back positive...STRESS!!!

They are not doing anything invasive because Danny is/was gaining and the Neocate should be able to repair the damage done by the allergies. We go back to his office on 04/17. That is all for now!!!

Keep fingers crossed and pray that the sweat test comes back normal this time!!!

Oh and BTW he finally has an official diagnosis of FTT...
March 20th, 2009, 02:27 PM
*tacii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope the scales are off. Good luck with the testing, I hope they come back negative.. but if something does come back positive, at least you have an answer. *hugs* Definitely keeping my fingers crossed that the sweat test comes back normal. And I'm sorry to hear you guys have the official diagnosis

TTC our 3rd and last baby since Dec 2007

July 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; BFN
August 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 3-7; BFN
HSG Aug 27/09: Tubes are clear!
September 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; final cycle on Clomid; BFN

Referral to fertility clinic sent Dec 1, 2011.. the wait begins
December 2011: Vit B6, Folic acid, Preseed, OPK's + temping... and lots of praying
April 3, 2012: Initial consultation done at fertility clinic. Starting Prometrium to induce AF, doing b/w and pelvic u/s and doing Clomid x 3 cycles

March 21st, 2009, 06:04 AM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd be willing to bet the scales are off, because each scale does weigh slightly different. I try to keep that in mind when we go from our ped. office to the GI or if we use a differnt scale the the normal one we use, because they are off by more than a few ounces.

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

March 21st, 2009, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The sad part is that the last time he was there was August 6 of last year and he weighed 21lb 8oz...I am just so frustrated and soo overwhelmed. I don't know what to do next.
March 22nd, 2009, 09:53 AM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
I am guessing one of the scales is off...
Abbey has had all those tests done as well, she just had her sweat test done last week!
Good luck and I hope you get some answers!

March 29th, 2009, 06:58 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Good luck to him with all the tests. (((hugs)))

March 30th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Danny's sweat test was NEGATIVE!!!! 29! I have never been so happy to see the number 29!!! He goes for a weight check with his ped on Wednesday which is his only DR who acts like I am causing my child to be sick and small......GRRRR!!! I hate his ped but it is the only one that I can get to even see him because he has state insurance...and at least they make sense..

His last ped was a quack...I called because he had a bleeding diaper rash...found out later was from carrots...and that ped said that I put too much ointment on him....PLEASE!!!

But anyway, back on track....GOOD NEWS FINALLY!!!! Back to square one but at least it isn't CF!
March 30th, 2009, 08:57 PM
*tacii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Woo hoo!! That is great news! I'm glad it came back negative. Hope he has a nice weight gain for Wed!

TTC our 3rd and last baby since Dec 2007

July 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; BFN
August 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 3-7; BFN
HSG Aug 27/09: Tubes are clear!
September 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; final cycle on Clomid; BFN

Referral to fertility clinic sent Dec 1, 2011.. the wait begins
December 2011: Vit B6, Folic acid, Preseed, OPK's + temping... and lots of praying
April 3, 2012: Initial consultation done at fertility clinic. Starting Prometrium to induce AF, doing b/w and pelvic u/s and doing Clomid x 3 cycles

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search