New here.. anyone else have a cf child?

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2009, 02:58 PM
Wendy1109's Avatar Veteran
Hi My name is Wendy. I have 5 children #6 is on the way My oldest dd has cf. We are constantly battleing the weight issue. Right now we are on a down ward slide. The Dr has up her tube feedings to 4 cans of nutren 2.0 everynight (thats 2000 calories) plus he wants to get 500 more calories in her on top of all the food she eats durning the day!! This is almost impossible considering school and the rest of the medical treatments she has to do. URGH its just never ending. She is 11 and is rebelling against the stuff she has to do , which is normal for her age. anyone else going through this with an older child?
My other children do not have cf my only carrier is my dd Natasha.
Scott 10-18-01 w/o cf
Sanamtha 11-29-02 w/o cf
[CENTER]Killian 5-29-08 w/o cf
[CENTER]
[CENTER]Lorelei Belle 10-24-09
March 22nd, 2009, 09:51 AM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
welcome!! My name is Angie and my 8.5 mos old Abbey is FTT, She just had her sweattest last week for CF, the numbers were a tad higher that normal, but the DR said it wasn't high enough to cause concern...
Great to have you here and look forward to getting to know you!

March 22nd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Hi!! My name is Sarah, Mommy to DS Danny. He has had one sweat test and the level was 39 so he has a retest tomorrow morning at 9:00 he also had the blood work done...the 6-8 week one...gah!!!! The first 70% have come back negative now we are waiting on the last 37% to come back. If he has it, it is most likely the type that affects more the digestive system than the lungs. That said he has had RAD since 2 months old along with extended "colds" with wheezing that lasted for months so who knows... He has weight issues, malabsorbtion/FTT...He is also younger...20.5 months...so I don't know if I could be any help to you but more if he has it if you would help with the BTDT sort of thing... ....Welcome and I hope you find as much support here as I have!!!
March 29th, 2009, 04:52 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Welcome.

April 9th, 2009, 09:35 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
HI! Congrats on your pregnancy!

We're about to start all the testing for CF with Milo. He has other issues that could account for most of his problems that seem to be CF-related, but he has had the same cough/cold since November. In January, he tested positive for RSV and had bronchiolitis, but he hasn't gotten better. He has been in and out of the hospital and in Special Care for it. I guess that Russell-Silver Syndrome (which Milo has) and CF are on the same long arm of chromosome 7. We just got all of this info yesterday. I've thought about it several times, and I've been surprised that the docs haven't mentioned it. The pulmonologist gave Milo more antibiotics, more steroids, and changed his rescue nebulizer, but nothing is improving. RSS kids have notoriously low muscle tone and have a terrible time coughing productively, so we're just hoping that this is the problem!

BTW, RSS comes with most of the same issues that CF does, so there's huge overlap there! FTT, pale, poor immune system, poor feeding, digestive issues, etc.

I hope that you find lots of support here!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search