What did you say...

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2009, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
What did you say when people started to notice that your LO was smaller than they should be?

I heard someone say about their granddaughter that she was spending all her energy being cute and didn't have any left to grow. That is the best "don't ask me" answer that I have heard.

I used to be the only one that really said anything or noticed that Danny was small, but nurses, friends, and acquaintances are noticing now. People that pass you in the grocery store and say how old is that cutie? You tell them and they just have to say something about how small he is for his age... He is almost two and people say that he looks like a newly 1 year old...like 12-13 months......People never used to notice so I didn't notice as much but now that others notice it makes me more aware of it.
May 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM
*tacii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It use to bother me, but not so much anymore. I just tell them that I grow them small, what can ya do? What he lacks in growth, he makes up in personality. Oh and everyone thinks he looks more like he's 1 as well. Always blown away when I tell them he's 2! I've had one person tell me he looks big for 2... I must've looked at her like she had 5 eyes!

TTC #3 since Dec 2007

July 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; BFN
August 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 3-7; BFN
HSG Aug 27/09: Tubes are clear!
September 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; final cycle on Clomid; BFN

Referral to fertility clinic sent Dec 1, 2011.. the wait begins
December 2011: Vit B6, Folic acid, Preseed, OPK's + temping... and lots of praying
April 3, 2012: Initial consultation done at fertility clinic. Starting Prometrium to induce AF, doing b/w and pelvic u/s and doing Clomid x 3 cycles

May 21st, 2009, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know I do that too. Someone will come along and say, how old is he, three? At this point the "you have five heads" look came out But they usually say something along the lines of he has such developed speech for his age or something...way to burst my bubble huh?

I am beginning to think we could run this board on our own...you?
May 21st, 2009, 06:06 PM
*tacii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol doesn't it blow you away when people think he looks bigger than he is? haha love it.. you can never please anyone!

Yeah, I totally agree with you lol

TTC #3 since Dec 2007

July 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; BFN
August 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 3-7; BFN
HSG Aug 27/09: Tubes are clear!
September 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; final cycle on Clomid; BFN

Referral to fertility clinic sent Dec 1, 2011.. the wait begins
December 2011: Vit B6, Folic acid, Preseed, OPK's + temping... and lots of praying
April 3, 2012: Initial consultation done at fertility clinic. Starting Prometrium to induce AF, doing b/w and pelvic u/s and doing Clomid x 3 cycles

May 22nd, 2009, 05:43 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I am 4ft9 and just over 100lbs so usually when someone says how small she is for her age I say "yep, she takes after me". Although she is kind of tall for her age and REALLY thin and sometimes people will say things about how frail or thin she looks and I usually just say something like "yep, she's small".

May 23rd, 2009, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't say that because I am 5'4" and his Daddy is 6' and we are both overweight...that kinda stinks...we were both chunkers as babies too... In the picture in your siggy she doesn't look teeny...at least to me.
May 24th, 2009, 11:50 AM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
I get it all the time and now I just blow it off, it really used to bother me at first, now I just say, yeah, she's tiny.

May 28th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Regular
My almost 2 month old lil one is only 6 pounds 1.5 ounces and people come up to me all the time. Oh my god a preemie is she brand new. Ive started to just say yeah so they dont give me that dont u feed her look? Lol
May 29th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nice...I like that one. If they think what they see they leave you alone!!! Maybe I should try that...then I might get the OMGoodness he is talking so well for a 10 month old!! LOL...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search