How many tube feeders do we have here?

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Cheep Sk8's Avatar Veteran
Hi. I'd like to reintroduce myself. I haven't posted in awhile. I was checking back and it seems like there are several new mommies with tube feeders. I am mama to Kiersten who is 2 1/2 and a whopping 22lbs. She has been tube feed since Oct. of 08. We started with the NG tube and had a g-tube placed in March.
June 6th, 2009, 09:24 PM
*tacii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, welcome back! We are not tube feeding. How has the tube feeding been going for Kiersten? Jonah is 2 and 20lbs.

TTC #3 since Dec 2007

July 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; BFN
August 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 3-7; BFN
HSG Aug 27/09: Tubes are clear!
September 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; final cycle on Clomid; BFN

Referral to fertility clinic sent Dec 1, 2011.. the wait begins
December 2011: Vit B6, Folic acid, Preseed, OPK's + temping... and lots of praying
April 3, 2012: Initial consultation done at fertility clinic. Starting Prometrium to induce AF, doing b/w and pelvic u/s and doing Clomid x 3 cycles

June 7th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Not a tube feeder here either, but I was also wondering how much difference the tube feedings made in her weight? Are they normally used when the child refuses to eat enough calories or also in malabsorbtion?

Last edited by i3ai3ydanny; June 7th, 2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: because I evidently can't spell! LOL
June 8th, 2009, 11:34 AM
The tube has been very helpful in allowing her to gain and maintain her weight. It is definitely a last resort though. I don't think she would of made it without it, but now I wonderif she'll ever get to the point where she won't need it.
June 11th, 2009, 08:10 AM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
welcome back! Abbey had hers back in December and has since come out, she no longer really needs it. She is 11mos and 13lbs.

June 12th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Mama2Lyns's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Mama2Lyns
Adelyn was on the NG tube for the first 6 weeks. We are praying so hard to not go back on it. I was trained in placing and maintaining it for when we came home from the NICU and I tell you, it was so difficult for me to stick a tube down my baby's nose I don't want to go there again. If anything, we *might* have to go back on a steady drip at night. I am not sure quite yet. She is almost 5 months old, and we just hit 10lbs last week.
**Heather**(24) Mommy to: Katelyn and Adelyn. TTC #3

June 12th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Congrats to you both. Hopefully no more tubes for your babies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search