Update on Joey (x-posted)

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2009, 07:53 PM
lostlady21's Avatar Sarah--Joey's mom
Joey had his first appointment with the pediatric GI doctor today. He has been officially diagnosed with FTT. He is 10 lbs. 6 oz, which is 2 oz. more than his weight check two weeks ago.

Dr. Guna (who is a very nice doctor, btw) ordered blood work and a urine analysis/urine culture. The blood draw was the absolute worst thing I've had to do. Holding Joey down on the table while they took three vials of blood out of his arm--all the while he had tears streaming down his face and crying so hard no sound came out. They had to cath him for the urine sample, which thankfully, didn't seem to bother him much. Thatw as good, since they had to do it twice. The first time they put the cath in, he apparently had just gone to the bathroom, so I had to feed him and they tried again a half hour later.

Medicine: Joey is on a larger dose of Zantac (1 mL three times a day as opposed to .7 mL twice a day). He was taken off of Prevacid and put on Reglan (.5 mL three times a day). Both of these need to be given to him a half hour before feeding. We also need to bump up the rice cereal in his bottle from 1 tablespoon to two with every bottle.

We go for an Upper GI/X-ray next week as well as our follow-up appointment with Dr. Guna on Thursday. Please keep Joey in your prayers this week. The little guy is going to need them. And thanks for all your thoughts and prayers today. They were much appreciated.

Thanks ~:Kellirazzi:~ for my beautiful siggie!

July 16th, 2009, 09:02 PM
*tacii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*hugs* Sorry to hear about the official diagnosis. Lots of thoughts and prayers for the next week as he gets his testing done.

TTC #3 since Dec 2007

July 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; BFN
August 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 3-7; BFN
HSG Aug 27/09: Tubes are clear!
September 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; final cycle on Clomid; BFN

Referral to fertility clinic sent Dec 1, 2011.. the wait begins
December 2011: Vit B6, Folic acid, Preseed, OPK's + temping... and lots of praying
April 3, 2012: Initial consultation done at fertility clinic. Starting Prometrium to induce AF, doing b/w and pelvic u/s and doing Clomid x 3 cycles

July 16th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I remember the first time Danny got blood work done...I think I was more upset than he was and then they had to do it again!!! It is pretty pitiful now though...he just turned two and had bloodwork the other day and he said LOOK MOMMY!!! JUICE!!! It was a good and bad thing...I was glad he wasn't upset but sad because he is used to it at two!

I do hope that your little one grow soon and that you get a few simple answers on what to do to reverse the FTT diagnosis and have cute little chubby cheeks to pinch!!! Thoughts and prayers for you through the next few weeks!!!
July 17th, 2009, 01:11 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
Oh hun, I know exactally how you feel, I am so sorry, it's so hard to see your kids go through all that. Abbey had so much lab work and tests run it was awful. Good luck and I hope you get some answers soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search