A little update...

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Danny is now off of Neocate Jr. My Mom took him out of town for a few days and forgot his formula. He has always had diarrhea since he was born and maybe once or twice had a normal diaper. When he didn't have the Neocate for two days he came back on Sunday and had a normal poopy diaper! Later Sunday and Monday he had more normal diapers and was eating like a pig the whole time! We did a food diary and sent that in but he has stayed off of Neocate as per his Dr's it should cause constipation if anything but never give him diarrhea. So for some reason he was not tolerating it. The food diary came back in a few days ago and he is still only getting appx. 1000 calories per day. He needs 1325 to gain per his nutritionist so we have to go for weight checks every two weeks for at least the next two months and if he loses weight again he will have to go back in and put him on another formula...probably elecare or something like that...and most likely have more testing again. He also started taking Pancreatic enzymes as a test. He has to take them for 6 weeks to see if he has an effect. If he has a beneficial affect from this than he will have to undergo the pancreatic function testing...if no affect we will stop them. We have had a small hiccup in this so far as the prescription the GI wrote for him has been discontinued by the manufacturer and we are looking for an appropriate alternative so wish us luck on this. Would you guys suggest pushing for the fingernail and toenail issue or leaving it with no answer but a probably deficiency. He is on a multi-vitamin, vitamin D, and Calcium supplements since he went off of Neocate.

Any suggestions as always are appreciated and if you got through the whole thing thank you for reading it...

Sarah and Danny

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

October 29th, 2009, 10:52 AM
*tacii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's interesting about the neocate and diarrhea. I hope he puts on weight, maybe it's something in the neocate that was causing the diarrhea, and in return.. adding to the poor weight gain. Sending many thoughts and prayers your way, hope you guys are able to figure things out soon! Thanks for keeping us updated. And did you mention the fingernail thing to the pedi?

TTC #3 since Dec 2007

July 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; BFN
August 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 3-7; BFN
HSG Aug 27/09: Tubes are clear!
September 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; final cycle on Clomid; BFN

Referral to fertility clinic sent Dec 1, 2011.. the wait begins
December 2011: Vit B6, Folic acid, Preseed, OPK's + temping... and lots of praying
April 3, 2012: Initial consultation done at fertility clinic. Starting Prometrium to induce AF, doing b/w and pelvic u/s and doing Clomid x 3 cycles

October 31st, 2009, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Yea...I have mentioned it to all of his doc's several times and they are all pretty nonchalant about it. His fingernails and toenails turn brown and then layers peel off! I am not sure how that is anywhere close to commonplace. They all stick with it is "probably" due to a lack of some sort of nutrient. Wouldn't you be more concerned about finding out what it was if it is affecting his nails like that? I don't know...I don't want to take him to a derm just for that though KWIM?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search