Finally!!! We are pretty sure we have an answer!!!

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
*Copied from facebook*

As many of you know Danny started pancreatic enzymes a few weeks ago. This was done to see if he would benefit from adding enzymes without having to do surgery in case the test was negative. Danny gained 1.7 pounds in the first 3 weeks and the diarrhea completely stopped except when he had the flu. He went into the GI today and he said that there is no reason to wait another 2-3 weeks to get the results of the "test" because he has already had "profound results." Danny will go in on 12/21 to have the pancreatic function test. He does not have to go in the night before. He will need to be at UT Med Center at 7 am and the procedure will start at 8 am. It will last appx. 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. We will get the results 2 weeks from then. The reason it has taken so long to find this even though he has all the symptoms of it is that anything remotely normal that would be fixed with enzymes he has been tested for. Normally this occurs with Cystic Fibrosis, Celiac Disease, or severe malnutrition...Ethiopia type. He tested negative for Celiac's and Cystic Fibrosis so it was dismissed for quite some time.

Basically his pancreas either doesn't produce certain enzymes at all, forms the enzyme but not correctly therefore it won't work as it is supposed to, or there is some sort of congenital defect with his pancreas in and of itself.

The Doctor is 90+% positive this is what that problem is and just needs to do the test to confirm the diagnosis for insurance purposes and to make sure that no other treatment is required. None of the possibilities that he has right now are remotely near normal occurrences in the US. Right now Danny weighs 24lb. 6oz. That is back up 3 ounces already from last Monday.

For the surgery he will be out completely, and they will stimulate his pancreas and measure the enzymes that are produced. The number, type, and ratio of enzymes are what is important to know. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and please pray that the surgery will go well.

He will probably have to be on enzymes for the rest of his life but we finally have an answer!!! No one in his Dad's family or my family has had any pancreatic issues other than type 2 diabetes which is not related at all...

I am soooo excited to finally have an answer that is 90+% certain!!!!

*jumping up and down and smiling so much my cheeks hurt*

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers!!!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

November 26th, 2009, 03:25 AM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
yay!! Abbey had that test done as welll..
I hope you FINALLY get some answers!! KUP!!!!

December 25th, 2009, 07:57 PM
lostlady21's Avatar Sarah--Joey's mom
Just wondering how things went. Post when you get a chance. Hope you're having a Merry Christmas.

Thanks ~:Kellirazzi:~ for my beautiful siggie!

December 26th, 2009, 11:33 AM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Waiting for an update! I hope everything went well and I'm glad you are getting answers, I can't imagine how much of a relief it is to at least know something.
ETA: I see you just posted an update!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search