Danny's Surgery Update

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 25th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Sorry it has taken so long to update! The surgery was on 12/21 and it went well. They had a bit of trouble with the anesthesia...someone forgot to turn on the part that makes him go to sleep and due to allergies they can only use the gas and no other sedatives. After that it took about 45 minutes and he came out fine. He was very fussy because of the IV and monitors that were still on. Usually by the time he wakes up everything is stable enough that the monitors are allready off but since he was under more than 2x as long his heart rate and BP were still fluctuating as was his O2 saturation. After about 20 minutes he was able to have the monitors off and the IV out. He was then able to leave and stay gone as long as he would drink within 30 minutes of leaving. Otherwise he would have to come back but he did fine and ate breakfast and drank some sprite. He was fussy some of the morning but by noon he was back to my chipper little man. As of 12/23 he was up to a solid 25 lb. 8oz. and he is still growing! He only has to go for weight checks every 2 months now as long as he continues to grow! I was ecstatic!!! If this test comes back normal everyone will be completely baffled... The Dr. won't get the results back for 2 weeks but he is on vacation that week so we won't get the results back until 01/11. It is not that far off but I still wish we just knew what the answer was!!!

So that is a really long update to basically say nothing is new until 1/11 but there you go! I will update again when we get the results and let you guys know what happens at that point. I hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

December 26th, 2009, 11:34 AM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Glad everything went well!

December 26th, 2009, 06:46 PM
lostlady21's Avatar Sarah--Joey's mom
I'm really happy everything went well. Can't wait to hear the update in January

Thanks ~:Kellirazzi:~ for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search