A happy hospital visit!!

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2010, 03:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yesterday I took Ana for her 12 month official follow up with the endocrinologist. She has gained 10 oz in 2 weeks. (different scales mind you ) but they are now doubting wether she has an enzyme deficiency or just difficulty in absorbing the fat (rather than actually digesting it).

The plan of action is that I take her to the clinic in our village at 10am every day to weigh her and then next week we cut out the enzymatic supplements. (The weighings are to make sure that shes not starving). They think that maybe she is just a slow gainer with no real cause. I have been passed from one place to another for 6 months, had horrible stories told to me about things, and now we may be back to the original diagnosis of unexplained FTT. In a way I hope this is the case as its got to be better having all your enzymes working properly!.

Anyway she is now a whopping 16lb9.5 and 30.5". You can no longer see her ribs from the back, just from the front. She is back on the centile charts at number 2. She has also been given the all clear for cow dairy products in moderation.

So a semi-optimistic visit, I´ll be interested to know what she weighs on my drs scales rather than the hospital ones!.

April 20th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Did they do a pancreatic function test to determine the enzyme deficiency? If not I would suggest doing that. If she is not absorbing fat there is a reason for that... I hope you find answers soon!!!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search