New here

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am new to this board, but some may have seen me on the preemie, mom of multiples, December 2007, loss of a child. I had twins at 28 weeks due to me having HELLP Syndrome. McKenzie was born weighing 2 pounds 2 ounces and Madison was born weighing 1 pound 9 ounces. They both had IUGR and they had twin to twin syndrome. Madison was born with a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. She lived for 5 months before she passed away. McKenzie is now 2 1/2 and is about 26 pounds. She has never been classified as Failure to Thrive. I worry about her. She is a very active girl. She eats almost anything but it has to be her idea. She was not on the growth chart until she was over a year. Now she has been on the bottom ever since. Her ped says she is just small and not to worry. What do you girls think?
May 8th, 2010, 04:05 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
First of all I am sorry for your loss hun...
My Abbey was diagnosed with FTTT when she was 5mos old, she had every test under the sun, feeding tubes, and everything came back ok. She finally started outting weight on about 18mos I have come to the conclusion that she is just always going to be small.

May 17th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
With her being that small at birth I think she is doing wonderfully! She will be small at least for a while due to being so early but if she is proportioned well height to weight than I wouldn't worry as long as she is on her own curve that just falls below normal on a regular curve. You have to keep in mind that in the birth section she was far below the chart...that is where her curve starts. If she has gotten back on the charts already after starting out that small I am excited for her. Check her growth chart and as long as she stays on a curve similar in shape/pattern to that of the lines I wouldn't worry at all... If she has flat lines all over the place I would worry but if she has a steady curve I wouldn't worry.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search