Formula past a year

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2005, 05:18 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I hope you get more replies but I think its a good idea. Or you can ask your doctor for a prescription for pediasure. We were using formula until Brandon was put on pediasure. How much is she eating during the day? I had the same problem with Brandon. My other two kids were on table food at about eight or nine months. Brandon has just now started eating table food at twenty months. I am not sure if you qualify for WIC or not but if you do you can keep getting formula or pediasure if your doctor writes you a prescription for it.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 18th, 2005, 11:29 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I think I would see if you could get a prescription for pediasure. That is what Brandon is taking and maybe you could get her evaluated by a feeding team. Perhaps there is something going on that you are not aware of. Brandon has problems with swallowing/chewing. He has low muscle tone so it was hard for him to chew textured foods. He wouldn't use his tongue to push the food to the side of his mouth. He would just push food out with his tongue like a newborn does.

Does she do better with purreed foods? Do you think its taste, texture or something else?

I took Brandon to a feeding clinic for a few months because of his problems. Brandon was in the hospital last October because of all his feeding problems. He went three days without eating anything and refusing his sippie cup too. It took us a while but he is finally starting to eat better. Not a lot but I am happy with his progress. The pediasure has been a lifesaver. Talk it over with your doctor.

Keep us posted.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 18th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry I can't help but I thought I would tell you my duaghter is also still on formula. She's on the kind for 9-24 month olds. She eats but not a lot at a time (dr says she will be ready when she is ready) so she still gets about 4 bottles a day with food in between then. THe dr said she is a grazer. Eats a little bit all day long and then wants a bottle. He said we'd keep her on formula till 18 months and if she's not eating more then then she'll need to be evaluated
March 22nd, 2005, 01:32 PM
My son is two and still on formula! He was premature and has remained at the 5th percentile for weight and height since birth. I pumped for two months while he was in the hospital and had to throw almost all of it away (I thought I was going to die - I did cry!) because the doctor thought the cow's milk I drank may be aggravating his reflux. Also, he never latched on. Anyway...he was put on Isomil and is still on it. He is due for his two year check up next week and I'm hoping we can finally take him off of formula. He has just now started playing a little with table foods but doesn't eat much of anything. I think I'll ask about the Pediasure as well.
March 23rd, 2005, 03:55 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
Sadie was put on pedisure for not eating because of her seizures. I know that WIC will pay for it as well because it is pretty pricey. It is worth a shot. Be sure to let us know how it goes. And Good Luck with the drs appointment.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search