Breaking 30...

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
It feels like Danny is never going to go above 30 pounds!!! He was 30.0 for like 2 days before he got sick and he has fluctuated up and down from 29 to 29.6 since then. He was 29.6 for about 2 weeks and now dropped back down to 29.0. ARG!!!! When is he going to grow???

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

January 5th, 2011, 07:40 PM
BusyMom4's Avatar Veteran
I remember wishing Nyla would cross the big 3-0 mark too!! She was 4 1/2 years old though LOL. To be honest with you I actually remember when she did, she was 4 years and 8 months old the first time she ever weighed 30 pounds; she was 30.4 pounds. It didnt last long and she dropped again but I was happy to finally see 30 on the scale. She yo-yoed like she always does and was only 30.3 at her 5 year check up. I really feel your frustration. It seems to take soooo long to put it on, but it comes off so fast and so easy. We were at 34.0 and Nyla spent a day sick and dropped to 32.8. Thankfully she is back to 33.4 now, but seriously... she will be 6 next month and was really hoping for more. Who knows how long it will take just to get back to 34.0.

Anyway, Im with ya. It sucks. I wonder too, Will she EVER be on the charts?? Her little brother will out weigh her soon Im afraid!! I weighed him a few days ago and he is 3 years 3 months old and weighed 29.2 pounds so yeah, he is not too far behind her considering there is a 2 year 7 month age difference.

How tall is Danny? Is he growing in height or is he stalled out there too?

Big thanks to KimberlyD0 for my amazing siggy
January 5th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He is 38 inches tall. 28th %. He had always been in the 70-80% for height until about...6 months ago I think... It bugs me though because even though he isn't getting taller he seems to be getting skinnier.... It is getting hard for me to look at him again when I am getting him dressed because his bones are starting to stick out again. If he was propotrioned I would be fine and understand that he just grows slowly but his height was always in the 70ish % while his weight goes from off the charts to the 38th when we thought the enzymes solved all of our problems and back to getting ready to fall off the charts again.... Then now his height % drops 50%!!! :'( I just don't know what to do. I get really sick of the looks in walmart and even just walking around campus (we live on campus at the college I am going to) that reek with 'Don't you ever feed your child?!' Thankfully on campus they are much less frequent now that many people know what is going on with him but anywhere else I get those horrid looks. I hate it... He doesn't look emaciated again yet but his ribs jut out and I literally feel like if I am not careful I will break him sometimes.... It doesn't seem to me like it is okay for my child to be thin to the point that I am concerned about how to play with him without taking a chance on breaking him. His knees are even starting to stick out again... Right now they are the same size as his thighs but they won't be for long if he doesn't grow... :'(

Last edited by i3ai3ydanny; January 5th, 2011 at 08:20 PM.
January 6th, 2011, 07:07 AM
BusyMom4's Avatar Veteran
Are you starting to think there is something else going on besides the enzyme issue? Just curious.

Last time Brandon was measured (In November) he was 36.5 ins. He has always been short, at birth he was only 15 inches long. Yeah he was a preemie at 32 weeks but he should have been more like 17 inches. He is NOT thin by any means LOL. He seems to fall at about the 15-20 centile for both weight and height all the time. In fact, his weight centile is usually slightly higher than his height centile LOL.

Nyla is 41 inches tall, or she was in November. She was right at the 3% for height. She does have a very small bone frame and I know what you mean about feeling like you will break them when playing LOL. My sisters and mom are always commenting on her tiny arms and how they are afraid to grab them to help her in the car and such for fear of breaking them (jokingly of course, at least I hope!) I myself am used to it. I too have a tiny bone frame. My family thinks I am starving to death, but I am not and I do not have an eating disorder LOL. I am 5 ft 6.5 in and 97 lbs. I guess its only natural my kids would be small, but DH is 6 ft even and 200 lbs so genetically its anyone's guess!!

Anyway, its been very nice getting to know you and Danny.

Big thanks to KimberlyD0 for my amazing siggy
January 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes I am starting to wonder that. He gained 8 pounds on every scale other than the GI's because his baby scale...which we started on weighs three pounds lower than the standing scale which we switched to between Oct and Apr so according to the GI he gained 11 pounds. He has ALWAYS since he was born been in the 70-80% range and then stops growing and drops 50% in height and his weight flatlines again... It just seems strange to me. Something must not be right.... Am I crazy? His bio-dad and I are both tall and heavy-set so he definitely didn't get this from genetics or enviro as we are cramming in the calories.... I think I will do another food diary to send in to his nutritionist...

Last edited by i3ai3ydanny; January 6th, 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search