Check in!

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Let's check in here! How is your LO doing? Any new health info? Milestones? Vents?

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
February 19th, 2011, 09:47 AM
BusyMom4's Avatar Veteran
We are here!! I recently vented LOL and nothing new other than she is turning 6 in 3 days!!

Big thanks to KimberlyD0 for my amazing siggy
February 19th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
We are here!!! Danny had lots of blood work done this morning to check for a number of things. They took 6 tubes!!! He didn't even cry! I am glad about that because this is his third set of blood work on three week. :'( The first two times he cried but this time the phleb actually listened to me and let Danny sit on my lap while she "took the juice out" of Danny's arm. We should have these results all back in no later than a week from today...so technically not this monday but the next. Hopefully everything will be done by Friday but I don't know for sure. :/

We have found a place that is almost half the price of the original one to find grass fed, pastured, organic beef. It will only be $860ish for 195 pounds of beef instead of $1200+ for 185 lbs of beef. I am super excited about this as this was the one thing the naturopath REALLY pushed for Danny. We can also get the milk and butter cheaper there than the other place. I am hoping that everything is going to start falling into place now that we have plans for how everything should go.

His cough has started back up even with the Advair but so far it isn't bad enough for me to say anything to his Dr. His doc said as long as Danny's breathing is stable than we can wait out the semester to see if we can get into alternate on campus housing but if it gets worse we will have to move asap. We are in a trailer on campus and that is the worst place to live with any mold allergy none the less a severe one. For his age his reaction to mold was anaphylactic plus some... That is what we think has manifested into asthma as his breathing has never been as bad or as hard to control as it has since we moved in this past August. :/ Sitting and waiting to see if we can get into a townhouse on campus...that is what I will be doing for the next 2 months. We should know by the end of April... Keep your fingers crossed for us and pray that we will get into a townhouse.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

February 20th, 2011, 11:20 AM
daysfancarlymanning's Avatar Super Mommy
we are here! 8 lbs 8.2 oz as of yesterday. She is 7 weeks 2 days now. Ped DID call cps on us. I'm waiting for them to come. I'm terrified. Said I neglected my kids because I cancelled an appt and asked for medical records and they had no idea what I was doing. They were looking for an excuse. I'm screwed right now basically. But I'm bringing my kids in as I cannot get a new ped till march 17 and need to show I do NOT neglect my kids. Carly's doing well other then a yeast infection. She still has her high heart rate which I believe causes her to burn more calories. She is barely gaining what they consider ok. Long as she's gaining that;'s all I care about.
February 20th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Just because they called CPS doesn't mean you're screwed. You have proof that you don't medically neglect your child, medical records indicate you take them to see doctors. They will probably come to your house and dismiss the case. The relationship between you and your childrens pediatrition needs to be made of trust and respect on both sides. It's obvious you need to find a new Dr and that's not your fault. ((Hugs))

As for Ava's update: She's doing okay. We started her on a medication that Cinci childrens has never used on children before. This is for her serious hypoglycemia. They believe she has dumping syndrome. How many diagnosises can one child have?

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
February 20th, 2011, 03:08 PM
wow poor Ava.I don't know you entire history but she souds like she's been through the ringer And thanks. I know they will dismiss the case, and I do have proof I've never neglected my kids. I need to get the rest of their medical records this week. I just think it's absurd this even had to happen but I've over being ticked off. Now I'm just making sure my back is covered for when they do come. And yes ITA that a relationship with ped is built on trust. I no longer trust them. Unfortunately I can't up and leave because I have no other ped till march 17. I didn't tell them this though. We've been with them for 4.5 years and they know me. Know I love my kids. Just a bunch of judgemental hypocrits though.
February 20th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am really sorry. I am glad that you are handling everything better.

Sorry Ava is getting new meds. Is it not a ped med or have they just not used it? Is "dumping syndrome" just where she takes it in and spits it back out basically?

February 21st, 2011, 09:00 AM
YEA i WAS WONDERING TOO WHAT EXACTLY DUMPING SYNDROME IS. Ugh! Sorry for the caps Darn puter
February 22nd, 2011, 04:22 PM
Cheep Sk8's Avatar Veteran
Kiersten is 29 lbs at 4 years old. She is doing pretty well besides the fact that he eats next to nothing. I'm looking into an inpatient feeding program in Dallas that claims to have an 80% success rate in getting kids of feeding tubes.

February 23rd, 2011, 08:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That would be great!!! I hope she gets in!

February 26th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Happy Mommy
I'm new here!!

Mainly for C, who is now 6, but she was FTT after birth, and I shunned the lable, and just her be little (after 2 years of battles) and it's so much better now.

milestones: she's over 35 pounds now, at 6.5!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search