Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Regular
hello my name is melissajean. I am 20 years old. I livewith my boyfriend wayne and our 15 month old son shane. shane has been diagnosed with ftt. he has only gained a pound and a few ounces since he was 12 months old. we have tried everything to get him to gain. he is tall for his age, and he only weighs 17 lbs and some odd ounces. I think he is around 30 inches tall. he hasnt been mesuerd lately. the doc even had shane take a blood test, it was so horrible, I wanted to start crying. but they were nice about it, and they gave him 4 stickers lol. I am so worried about him. he hardly eats (oh by the way the test came back great ) they are talking abou putting him in the hospital so they can moniter how much excatly he gets. and they are getting social servises involved. they say so if I need a ride to a docs appointment, but I feel like there saying I dont take care of my baby. I could use all the help I can get. please
October 18th, 2004, 03:27 AM
zonapellucida
HUGS to you> Ella has FTT She is 18 months and weighs 17 lbs and i too am dealing wiht Social services because of it. They are saying you odn't know how to take care of him~! wether or not it is true. My report went on about how it was environmental reasons she was SMALL!!!!! Email me so I can tell you what you need to do NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! to try to keep them from abducting your child.
October 18th, 2004, 03:31 AM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Melissa, Welcome!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about Shane and the situation!!

What does he eat? What does he LOVE to eat? Is he teething or has he already?

I'll try to help all I can!

SS is never fun to deal with. Just continue to be the great mom you are! If possiable show you can do things, like get to appts(can your boyfriend take you?).

I'm here to help and we will all support you! Ck out the Twentysomething & Teen Mommy boards, if you like one they can be a wonderful support system!!

Does Shane have any other problems? Or is he a healthy little boy except for the FTT?

(((HUGS)))
October 18th, 2004, 03:34 AM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Quote:
Originally posted by zonapellucida@Oct 18 2004, 05:27 AM
HUGS to you>* Ella has FTT She is 18 months and weighs 17 lbs and i too am dealing wiht Social services because of it.* They are saying you odn't know how to take care of him~! wether or not it is true.* My report went on about how it was environmental reasons she was SMALL!!!!!* * Email me so I can tell you what you need to do NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! to try to keep them from abducting your child.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Heidi will really be able to help you with the Social Services issue.
October 18th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Regular
thanks. yea my guy can take me to appontments. shane is healthy except for ftt. he is starting to learn body parts. he knows head,eyes,toes,nose. he goes around the house picking up hairs off the floor. lol. he knows that if you take the batteries out of the remotes they dont work. we had to remove them becuse he was changing stations and stuff while we were watching movies lol. he also likes to wash his own face and other things, exspecialy if he sees you cleaning. he isnt talking yet though. he also loves the toy vacume my mom got him cause he woulnt leave the big one aloun, so he goes around pretending he is vacuming. he pushes it back and forth. he also loves cars and trucks, he makes a vrrrmm noise when he plays with them. his favorite foods change all the time. but usualy if my sister gives it to him he'll eat it lol. he was a breastfed baby untill last month. sorry if this is a little long I LOVE to talk about shane

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search