What is the biggest problem you have

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2004, 09:33 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
What is the biggest problem??
Do we all have the same problems or just some of the time!
October 20th, 2004, 10:06 PM
ranidae
getting the twins to eat a more balanced varried diet.
October 21st, 2004, 04:41 AM
zonapellucida
The medical profession that insists she needs to be on the chart.....
October 21st, 2004, 09:10 AM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Ok...I think both of those are my problem!!! Her diet affects her "chart". Then I get the whole she is underweight and short....geez, I'm short and have always tipped on the lower side of the scales!! I think she is just taking after Mom!!!! Don't they ever consider that?
October 21st, 2004, 10:43 AM
ranidae
The twins will not eat any fruit unless it is pureed, so I found the applesauces with real fruit added like mango and peaches, pears etc. I try to get them to eat a few bites full each day. Hoping that as they get used to new flavors maybe they will be more willing to try the whole fruits. Veggies have been a big NO GO for them, except mushrooms but they will only eat those in certain soups. Any Soup so far has been ok, except for anything with large chunks of veggies. Meats only if they are cut and pressed like hotdogs, vienna sausages, or ground like pork sausage or ground beef. I found if food is seasoned a little bit with things like ginger, thyme and other herbs they eat it better. I also buy them lots of diffrent cheeses, they love cheese so they get it when ever they will eat it.

I don't know why they don't take family size into account. Krystle has always been skinny and tall and the Drs and WIC always accused me of underfeeding her or just not trying to get her to gain weight. Krystle didn't reach the 10lb mark until she was 6m, and was only 16lbs at 1yrs. She was 6lbs 5oz at birth but 23" long. She is now 4'8" and only weights 76lbs, but she is finally filling out with more muscle with the swimming. She takes after my Dad who according to Grandma was about the same size ratio as Krystle pretty much till he turned 13 then sprouted up to 6'4" by 14 but only weighted 155-165 for years, he was a tall toothpick which I think Krystle is going to take after. I know she is going to be much taller than me, I was only 4'2" at her age.
October 22nd, 2004, 07:39 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Krystle didn't reach the 10lb mark until she was 6m, and was only 16lbs at 1yrs. She was 6lbs 5oz at birth but 23" long.[/b]
Nadia was 6lbs 5oz at birth but 19.25". She was 16lbs 2oz at 1 year. She is roughly 24lbs at 2 1/2years.

My biggest issue with her is the developmental delays she's had. Right now the only one she still has is her speech and I'm having an awful time trying to get her hearing tested.

My oldest wasn't officially labelled FTT(though her charts went missing from 3-6months and then I switched clinics). At 9months she was losing weight.

Because I've been down a similar road with her, just not to the same extent as with Nadia I don't care what the dr's say anymore. It all goes in 1 ear and out the other. They have their say and I do whatever I want to.

The only reason Nadia has gained weight since her 2 year appt(she was 22lbs there) is she lives on a condiment diet.lol If we have anything that has ketchup, mayo, sour cream, mustard, sweet & sour sauce that is all she eats. If we eat out and she gets chicken nuggest we can't leave until she has drank all the sauce out of her container.lol I figure, it has calories why stop it. She eats other foods too, but if there's condiments that's her meal.

Kids are going to eat what they eat, you can't force them to eat something. We all have different sized appetities and they vary depending on what our body needs.

We don't have problems with social services for FTT here, maybe in the larger centers but here we don't.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search