How old is your FTT kiddo?

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2005, 06:43 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Brandon just turned two!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 30th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally posted by pattyandthemoos@Jul 26 2005, 08:43 AM
Brandon just turned two!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I am new to this forum, my neice has just been transferred to my custody, she's 18 months old and has a non formal diagnosis of failure to thrive. She is under 5% for her weight and about 60% for her height. I am looking for support for dealing with her eating issues.

Cassy
October 30th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Welcome to the board. My son had a lot of feeding issues. What kind of services are you getting? Or are you just starting to sort this out?

October 30th, 2005, 09:14 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome. Does your niece have difficulty eating or absorbing?
I'm Krista, my daughter Anika has a lot of GI issues that attribute to her weight. She is supplemented by a g-tube now, where she gets about 98% of her nutrition from it.

</div>
October 31st, 2005, 05:15 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally posted by Clamothe+Oct 30 2005, 01:19 PM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-pattyandthemoos
Quote:
@Jul 26 2005, 08:43 AM
Brandon just turned two!
I am new to this forum, my neice has just been transferred to my custody, she's 18 months old and has a non formal diagnosis of failure to thrive. She is under 5% for her weight and about 60% for her height. I am looking for support for dealing with her eating issues.

Cassy
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]
October 31st, 2005, 05:18 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally posted by pattyandthemoos@Oct 30 2005, 04:15 PM
Welcome to the board.* My son had a lot of feeding issues.* What kind of services are you getting?* Or are you just starting to sort this out?
[/quote]

We're just sorting it out. I have never experienced a child not willing to eat, so this is all foreign to me.

What services should we be looking for?
October 31st, 2005, 05:23 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally posted by LuckyGirlx4@Oct 31 2005, 12:14 AM
Welcome.* Does your niece have difficulty eating or absorbing?
I'm Krista, my daughter Anika has a lot of GI issues that attribute to her weight.* She is supplemented by a g-tube now, where she gets about 98% of her nutrition from it.
[/quote]

She has difficulties eating. She doesn't like to eat, will gag and vomit if co erced. It appears to be non organic at this point.
October 31st, 2005, 09:32 AM
Regular
[FONT=Optima][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple][quote]
Quote:
Quote:
Welcome.* Does your niece have difficulty eating or absorbing?
I'm Krista, my daughter Anika has a lot of GI issues that attribute to her weight.* She is supplemented by a g-tube now, where she gets about 98% of her nutrition from it.
She has difficulties eating. She doesn't like to eat, will gag and vomit if co erced. It appears to be non organic at this point.

my son christopher is the same way. he is 18 months and he is 19lbs 12 oz. he is 31inch. he lost weight at his last dr apt. it is a fight at everymeal to get him to eat. some days all he eats is milk. pedi is not concerned because he is never sick. is your baby sick alot. is there a favorite food that she likes. try giving that to her more frequently. we found out that christopher likes ketchup. we give him ketchup with every meal and he seems to be eating more. he also likes cheese so we put cheese on everything. try that. also have you had her with you before. it may be related to her going through a change. being in a new environment can be stressfull to little tykes. maybe she needs a little time
October 31st, 2005, 11:55 AM
Brandon was the same way. He has some oral motor problems that caused a lot of his issues as well as sensory integration disorder. I would see if your pediatrician can get you a referral to a feeding clinic. Also call your school system and see about getting help with Early Intervention (some places call it birth to three or something else). They can provide you with an occupational therapist to work on feeding issues as well. That is what I would start with.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search