My little man

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2007, 07:02 PM
bunni0407's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to bunni0407
I'll start off with my intro. Im fairly new to the boards and just checking everything out and found this board. I have a 2 1/2 yr and were PG w/ #2.

My son has always been little. He was born at 5 lbs 14 oz and he was 19 1/4",he was born at 38 wks. He wore preemie clothing until he was about 12lbs, so right around 6 months or so. He slowely grew and by his first birthday he was 17 lbs and 29", he was wearing 3 month shorts/pants and 6 month shirts. He went in at 2 yrs and only weighted 24 lbs, and he was 36". He now fits in 9 to 12 month pants/shorts(anything bigger, he has to pull up when he walks) and 3T shirts(just cuz we buy bigger shirts, he actually only wears an 18 month shirts). He's 2 1/2 now and only weights in at 25lbs and is 37 or 38". Since he is now fully potty trained his pants went back to 9 months and his poor underpants are falling off, cuz no one makes underpants for under 2T-3T. He eats like a little piggy,atleast when it comes to veggies and fruit. The dr isnt too worried and never really has been, but I've been worried since day 1. Ive tried everything but he just doesnt put on weight. And yes he plays alot just like a normal kid but I saw a 9 month old at our church that weighted the same and it made me cry. I was little when I was a baby but grew out of it and my DH was a chunky monkey.

*Thank you misfitinmn for my amazing siggy*

May 12th, 2007, 07:42 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
Hi! I am Rebecca or Becca. My DH is Kal and we have 3 children. Sadie will be 8 at the end of next month and she weighs 46 lbs and it about 42 inches. Lilly is 5 and weighs 42 lbs and is about 40 inches. Gabe is 2 and he weighed today at 22 lbs and he is about 32 inches.

I would say if you are really concerned about his weight to talk to your DR. Voice your concerns to them. My oldest is very tiny. She is healthy (other than unrelated medical issues) and she just doesn't put on weight very well. She eats fine. She plays and is also very lazy at the same time. She is just small.

Gabe is tiny too. He has feeding issues and Gastritis and when he would try to eat it was painful (or that is what they told me). Still if he doesn't have at least 1 pedisure a day on top of the food that he eats, he loses weight.

Good Luck and Let us know how things are going.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
May 14th, 2007, 05:02 AM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! Your little man seems to have done the same path as my little one. She was born at 5 lbs 9 oz 18 in and is now 17lbs 30 in at one year. If we lived in a warm climate, I know she'd still be in 6 month clothes. Since she's reasonably tall, though, we've had to buy larger clothing to cover her up for the winter. I have a bazillion pictures of her pants around her knees because they just can't stay up. I had to rely on overalls almost exclusively throughout the end of the winter and early spring. Now that she can wear short sleeves and shorts/capris again, I'm having less problems. Poor thing got so many 12 month summer clothes for her birthday, though. I'm thinking maybe she'll fit into them next year!

I would push your doctor a little harder if you think there is cause for concern. We have been referred to a nutritionist because her weight gain has slowed in the past several months due to her very poor appetite. She is energetic and hitting all her milestones early, but the doctor said it's better to get it looked at early before it could potentially start causing problems.

And I know what you mean about getting upset about how other babies are doing. My cousin had a preemie in October who had to be in the NICU for 6 weeks. Her baby passed my Anna in weight when he was only five months old, literally half of Anna's age (even less for his adjusted age)! That was a shock to say the least.

Video Montage of Anna's First Year
May 14th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! Welcome to the boards! I said it earlier, and I'll say it again...you've found a great group of ladies!!!

Your boy also sounds like my Molly, size-wise. She just turned two, is 35 inches tall, and only 21lbs 5oz!! (at her last weight check I trust...the pediatricians scale was off a pound). She has little-to-no interest in food, but that's because she has an oral sensitivity and wants nothing in her mouth that she doesn't choose to (which is usually her fingers!!).

We are potty training now because no diapers fit...and we do have some...not many, but some...underwear that will fit...but then none of her clothes will. She's way too tall for 6 month clothes, but her waist fits them perfect!

Maybe us FTT parents should band together and make a clothing line for OUR kids!! Since that is one of our BIGGEST (pardon the pun ) problems!!

Anyway. Welcome to the board! I hope you'll find some of our tips...and our community as a whole...helpful and supportive!!

Sadie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search