constipation issues

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do any of your kids have constipation issues? Brandon's has had problems nearly since the day he was born. His GI doctor prescribed meds for him but he hasn't been on them for awhile since he's been doing okay. Just recently he's been backed up again and I remembered that when he had a can of Pediasure a day he did better, so I got some and he's doing good again. I was told that his not eating much and constiptation issue were likely connected but was a which came first (the chicken or the egg thing) and caused the other.

Just wondering if anyone else has these problems and what they do for the kiddos.
July 28th, 2007, 06:27 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ella has near chronic constipation issues. What has been working for us is having her drink 4oz juice/4 oz water mixed each day, so 8 ounces total.

July 28th, 2007, 07:40 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
Yes, I just give him plenty of fruit now. When he was small (9mo-2yrs) I gave him prune juice. Sometimes diluting it, sometimes not. About 2-3oz a day. It worked magic.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
July 30th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Veteran
Isaiah has chronic problems in this area as well. He gets a stool softener every morning to keep him regular. We try taking him off but within a day it's back. I felt like a mean mom the other day at his 18month check she said why in the world would you take him off to make him uncomfortable???? Hmmmm...I don't know to see if he still needs it. She also said she'd recomend waiting until after potty training to take him off as it can effect some kids with learing if they are constipated.
July 30th, 2007, 07:43 AM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anna is also on a stool softener. She's had consitpation issues forever. It's the only physical explanation I have for why she has no desire to eat. We're hoping that she'll develop an appetite when she's not constantly backed up.

Video Montage of Anna's First Year
August 1st, 2007, 11:23 AM
Super Mommy
Our little girl also has chronic constapation. She has torn her bottom on four occasions. We use a stool softener daily. Our dietician told us this could harm her colon and rectum making the muscles week and unusable later. But evertime we try to take her off she has torn. So... She does not get the daily medications because her kidneys do not alway s function properly.

Mom to boys: G 7, C 5, K 4, N 3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search