thoughts/prayers for my niece

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2007, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My little niece, Brooke, was born June 5, 2007 and was *I think* about 7lbs 3oz at birth. Here we are nearly 3 months later and she's only 1lb heavier. She's been in the hospital already once for a week for not gaining (and having respitory issues) and the GI doc told my SIL if she doesn't gain more weight in this next week, he'll admit her again to tube feed her. She was on bfing but now he's making her switch to formula so we can meausre how much she's even getting. On top of all this, she pukes nearly every bit that she takes in. My poor SIL is beside herself and it terrified! Brooke has an older brother (I've mentioned him before, Carter) that was FTT at 12 mo, so this is a road they've been down before, just not so soon or severe. I swear, it's our DH's genes (they are brothers)! She's going for a weight check today and if he doesn't admit her to the hosptial, she'll have another weight check on Wed. Please keep my SIL and niece in your prayers, that she will drink the formula and, somehow, keep it down. Thank you.
August 31st, 2007, 06:15 PM
Super Mommy
Poor Brooke and your poor family! You have all suffered enough! I will say some prayers that they find out what is wrong with Brooke soon and are able to help her. Do they think she has acid reflux? Does she puke up her meds? My daughter was vomiting a lot and not eating enough and puking when we gave her the meds. So we finally decided that she needed to keep the meds down no matter what, so we fed her less when she had them, which was soooo hard since she wasn't eating enough! But it helped and after about 2 weeks she stopped puking. It's just a thought - every kid is different. Good luck and let us know what happens.
- Xty
September 1st, 2007, 03:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, she's had an upper GI and has reflux. I think she's on her 3rd or 4th reflux med now. Sigh, it's all I can think about right now. It's 5am and I've been up for an hour. Thanks for the prayers!
September 3rd, 2007, 09:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers!!! I hope the poor thing is better soon!! Such pain for such a young thing!!!
September 3rd, 2007, 01:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My SIL brought Brooke by yesterday to weigh her on my baby scale and she's gained 8oz in two days!!!! She's totally on formula now and isn't throwing up as much as before. She goes to the GI doc again on Wed but with that much of a gain I can't see him still wanting to put her in the hospital. We are thrilled!!!
September 4th, 2007, 05:44 AM
Super Mommy
That's awesome! Wow! What are they doing differently?
- Xty
September 7th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Super Mommy
How's her GI appt go on Wednesday? How's she doing?
- Xty
September 7th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for asking. It's a long story but the short of it is that the doctor was not happy with her weight gain. Apparently my SIL and the nurse saw two different things on the scale, so according to who you *believe* (personally, I trust my SIL completely on this) she didn't gain what *we* thought. He's giving her until Wed to gain more weight or he'll admit her. Ironically, Brandon has his *hopefully* last GI appt the same day/time as Brooke's weigh in so my SIL was thrilled to know someone would be there with her if she gets that bad news. This has really taken the wind out of her sails. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. I hope it doesn't come to all that
September 7th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Super Mommy
Oh no! I was hoping for more happy news! I'll keep praying...
- Xty
September 7th, 2007, 11:49 AM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! I hope the news gets better soon. I can't imagine how sick I'd feel over all this.

Video Montage of Anna's First Year

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search