Soooo frustrating!!

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2007, 10:19 AM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've been trying to get Anna to accept spoonfeeding again after rebelling completely against me about six months ago. The Feeding Team suggested "co-feeding" where both she and I dip the spoons into the same thing so she feeds herself and gets spoonfuls from me at the same time. Well, we were having a bit of a breakthrough today with it. She was going through the yogurt (which she never has more than two or three bites of due to her spoon issues) and just when I was thinking I couldn't believe she might eat the whole little thing of YoBaby, she decides to start rubbing her eyes with her messy hands. Of course, next thing is she is screaming and thrashing in pain because there is yogurt all in her eyes. She's screaming "ALL DONE! ALL DONE!" and wanting to get out of the high chair. So, that's how lunch ended today after only 1/3 of a serving of yogurt. I was so frustrated I had to leave the room and have DH take care of her.

Video Montage of Anna's First Year
October 1st, 2007, 11:14 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know its frustrating. When we started Alexis on a texture fading program, she had to have a bite of the texture we were working on, followed by a bite of pudding (her fave) or yogurt. She did not eat for 2 days because she refused to eat the textured food. She would scream, yell, throw her food, until the timer went off. Finally, we made progress, probably because she was so hungry then she didn't care, but it does get better. I know some days it doesn't seem like it, especially on days like these, but it does get better.

Other than yesterday, how are things going? Is Anna going along with some of the recommendations, or is she resisting them?
October 1st, 2007, 06:56 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Sorry to hear that. When we were trying to get Paige (now 20 months) to accept spoonfeeding when she was around 1 year old we just kept trying every day. We had several setbacks and days where it didn't go well but then there would be days where all would go well. Now 8 months later she is learning to spoon feed herself. Just wanted to offer some hugs and hope!

October 1st, 2007, 07:22 PM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, everyone. Anna is doing better. She is accepting more and more from me. I was just really frustrated then because something stupid like that got in the way of actual progress. I was worried that this episode would trigger fear of feedings again, but she's done alright.

Actually, a breakthrough of the past two or three days...she has started ASKING for food!! She lets me know when she's hungry! I used to think she was never hungry. Well, today, even at playgroup when all the kids were playing, she came up to me and went "Eat! Eat!" I grabbed some banana bread, and she chowed down. I pulled out some pizza and some noodles I had in the bag, and she went to town. It's the first time she's ever eaten at a playgroup! I couldn't believe it! She's still not eating anywhere near the quantity that she should, but I am definitely seeing improvements lately.

Video Montage of Anna's First Year
October 2nd, 2007, 06:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
that's great about her asking for food. i'm always in shock when brandon does it too. i hope she continues to progress for you!
October 2nd, 2007, 10:03 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is wonderful news. I am glad that things are getting better and the yogurt food did not trigger any fears of feeding.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search