We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I know I've been really MIA...but I've had to step back from online life a bit. However, our worries have come to fruition recently with Kennedy's first illness since her CF diagnosis...and so...
We're taking Kennedy into Riley tomorrow (or tonight if she gets worse). She finally caught the bug going around our house and developed a cold on Wed, a cough on Friday. We called the pulmonologist on Friday. We were giving a perscription for antibiotics as a precautionary measure, but the precaution was too late. She developed a fever last night, and has been having bad coughing fits all day today despite 3 percussion treatments and two nebulizer treatments a day.
So we called again tonight. The doctor said we can take her to the ER tonight, or wait until tomorrow and just take her in when the CF clinic is open. For the moment, we're opting to take her tomorrow. If she has trouble sleeping because of her cough, we'll take her during the night.
DH has called into work tomorrow and we are likely all four of us going up to the hospital in the morning (Denver will be in school). She may or may not be admitted. I'll try to keep you updated. But tomorrow will be very long for the girls...there will be X-rays, a lung function test, and probably IV antibiotics for K.
Please keep her in your thoughts...we' re hoping that we'll be nipping it in the bud and that it isn't too late...I'd hate for her to be in the hospital for Thanksgiving! As it is, we're skipping family Thanksgiving to stay home with her.
Bad news - definite crackling in one of the lungs. Wheezing on both sides.
Good news - Not severe enough for admittance yet. Because of good history over the summer of good throat cultures and lung function, he's going to trust the antibiotic for now.
How we proceed - Continue on as we have been. If there is ANY change in how well she breathes, she's going to be admitted. Translation: If she wheezes harder, or has labored breathing (seeing ribs when she breathes) we're to call immediately and get her in. For now we trust the meds...and cross our fingers!!