Hi all, got a PM to come check this out, so here's an intro

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
Jennica Jean is 5 months and 2 days old, she weighs 10 lb 11.5 oz and has Reflux..taking Zantac twice a day, Slippery Elm and Licorice Powder threee times a day and Probiotics once a day. She has gained 3.5 oz in the last 15 days and we are all so proud of her, but when I posted information on my PR, someone called DCF and told them I was STARVING my daughter, I got so mad!!! She is a happy girl, always smiling lately (since the vommiting has stopped that is, before she was very grouchy...understandably) and she has recently learned how to stick out her tounge, and daddy thinks she does it just to get me to laugh, it's so cute!! So anyway, here I am looking for someone who knows what I am going through, and to not put me down for trying EVERYTHING in my power (and some things beyond my power) to get my baby to gain weight. I just can't believe DCF was called over my posts for help....if I was going to starve my daughter would I post about it? I tried so hard to get pregnant with Jenni!!! I m/c 3 times before becoming pregnant with her....why would I starve a child I so badly wanted!!?? I just can't believe some people....anyway, I'm Willow, mother of 4 and wife to my soulmate, nice to meet you all.
November 30th, 2007, 12:25 PM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG I can't believe someone reported you!!! That is just absurd!! I've had to deal with a few nasty comments like, "You tell your mommy to feed you more," but nothing like that! Wow! I'm just stunned.

I'm sorry you are having these issues with your daughter. I totally understand how frustrating it is not to be able to have them gain weight. People who haven't experienced it just don't get why you just can't feed your kid more. My DD didn't have real issues with her weight until she turned one, so I can't really give you much advice for an infant. It sounds like you are doing a lot of things already. Do you feel confident that your doctor is doing all he/she can for Jennica as well? If you feel that she is receiving adequate medical attention and you are following all the recommendations, then you are doing the best you can do. I'm sorry you have to deal with such harsh judgements while going through this difficult time.

Video Montage of Anna's First Year
November 30th, 2007, 01:38 PM
TessAleah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HUGE HUGS!!! You have been through alot to have little Jenna and for someone to be so sneaky to call DFS
OMG I am just appalled that these are "Ladies" (term used very loosely) were once called "Friend" by me!
I shall be alot more careful on who I call friend.
I am glad your here girl. I will join this forum also.. if that is alright.
~Huge Hugs and Lots of Love~
Monica
November 30th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
OMG I can't believe someone reported you!!! That is just absurd!! I've had to deal with a few nasty comments like, "You tell your mommy to feed you more," but nothing like that! Wow! I'm just stunned.[/b]

My little girl is tiny too. She weighed 17.8 last Thursday, she is 15 1/2 months.

December 2nd, 2007, 10:30 AM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
Hi, thanx for the support. Yea it was someone either in my PR or a lurker...how they got my info is beyond me, but yea, Jenni is seeing her Ped on a regular basis. At first he didn't pay any attention to her weight issues and vommiting, but he is now, and I am happy that he is now concerned as well (that sounded odd, but I'm sure you know what I meant, lol) I wasn't very concerned before because her Ped didn't seem very concerned, KWIM? I knew something was wrong, but cause he shrugged it off, I tried to as well. Anyway, she is doing wonderfully now, she didn't vomit for the last two days, but did this morning, still very good for her. She gained 3.5 oz in 15 days and the Ped is pleased, she goes back for another weight check after the 15th.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search