mitrochrondial disorders

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Super Mommy
Our little girl is 21 months and 19 lbs. She also has low muscle tone. The nuerolist is thinking she may have a mitrochrondial disorder. Does anyone know about this. It is quite rare and ther is little informanion avaible. I also want them to test for metobolic disorders.

Mom to boys: G 7, C 5, K 4, N 3

December 9th, 2007, 09:57 AM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Our little girl is 21 months and 19 lbs. She also has low muscle tone. The nuerolist is thinking she may have a mitrochrondial disorder. Does anyone know about this. It is quite rare and ther is little informanion avaible. I also want them to test for metobolic disorders.[/b]
My husband just saw a patient with a mitrochondrial disorder last week! It is very rare! The diagnosis is pretty difficult and takes a while to figure out. He says before researching anything about it, you should work with your doctor to explore the possibilities and confirm that this is indeed the case. Mitrochondiral disorders are genetic and and the mitrochondria produce energy for all cells in the body, so it can present in many different ways. It is a type of metabolic disorder. It's good that you're seeing a neurologist, so he/she will know what to do. It's so rare that you shouldn't work yourself up about until it is confirmed.

Video Montage of Anna's First Year
December 10th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Super Mommy
We have had the MRI which showed a stroke mimic, bilateral damage to the central portions of the braindue to a hypoxic episode. She also had a blood test in fedurary that showed a buildup of lactic acid. The next step in April is a muscle biopsy. Other medobolic disorders are still on the table.

December 10th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
oh my! I am so sorry that your baby is having to go through all of this. What are some signs that things were going wrong for your baby? Other then only being 19lbs, was she always tiny or did she stop growing properly?

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

December 10th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Super Mommy
We have quite a bit of expierence with little ones so we saw little signs from the begining. She was late to meet her milestones and has very low tone. She has always been tiny but fell below the growth charts at about 8 months. Really we just want a dignosis. So long we have been geussing and testing. I am pretty sure ther will be no real answer for at least another year.

December 11th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry! I do know how it feels to just sit and wait but my little girl is not as serious as it seems your baby is. I am sure that it is aweful not knowing how to help her yet. I do hope they get answers soon! Please keep us posted and I will pray for your baby that she grows healthy and all her problems just seem to melt away

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

December 11th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
I am so sorry! I do know how it feels to just sit and wait but my little girl is not as serious as it seems your baby is. I am sure that it is aweful not knowing how to help her yet. I do hope they get answers soon! Please keep us posted and I will pray for your baby that she grows healthy and all her problems just seem to melt away[/b]
I am sure you did not mean to be rude but commments like that really irk me. Her issues will not melt away. There is permanant brain damage. You can't pray that away. I have found her the best theripists in the area and I want her to work with them and me to overcome and learn to work with and around her issuses.

December 12th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
wow. I did not mean to offend you. I think you took it way wrong. I just mean that I hope your daughter has a great life despite any problems she may have to deal with.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search