Update on us...

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2007, 09:08 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well last time I wrote we had found out that Allie was officially diagnosed FTT. It really upset me and although I really wanted to continue the breastfeeding I felt it necessary to try supplementing with formula to see if it would solve the problem. It's been almost 4 weeks now and Allie went from 10 lb to 12 lb 5 oz! So she is definately climbing the charts again On the other hand my milk supply has suffered horribly and I'm just trying to continue breastfeeding some until she turns 4 months on Sunday. IF I have to give it up after that I'll be ok...although I had hoped to continue until at least 6 months. I'm just happy to see my little girl thriving again! Thanks for the encouraging words from everyone when I posted last month...it really did help out. And good luck to everyone that has to deal with these issues!

December 28th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
glad things are going well. I hope you continue to nurse as often as you can

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

December 28th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yay, amy!! that's great to hear she's doing so well. i can't believe that she's already going to be 4 months!!!
January 2nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great to hear she is doing so much better! I experienced something similar to you, so I know how heartbreaking it can be not to be able to BF how you wanted. You have done well by making it this far in spite of it all. Good luck continuing to do both at the same time!

Video Montage of Anna's First Year
January 3rd, 2008, 02:18 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had our "official" 4 month dr's appointment today and Allie weighed in at a whopping 12lb 13 oz!!! I couldn't believe how much she has grown over the past week (since we weighed her on the wic scales). Our dr couldn't be happier and keeps encouraging me saying any breastmilk is better than none, so on I will go with nursing when I can. She is up to between the 40-50% marks right now! She is also becoming a huge piggy when it comes to eating. She will take a 10 oz bottle if we will let her before she goes to bed! Well, I just wanted to give an official update since she is doing so well. Thanks again for the support ladies, and I wish you all the best of luck!

January 4th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Caeden&#39;sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome she's doing so well! Yaay!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search