What do you say

Forum: FTT and Weight Gain Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To FTT and Weight Gain Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2008, 06:53 PM
Caeden'sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
To the people who make comments about your child's size? Do you say anything?[/b]
Usually if someone comments on him being small, i'll just smile and say "Yep! He is.." If they press further, i may give slightly more info such as "he has a kidney condition, and we're working on it." This rarely happens though...

There was one time though while waiting to check out at Wal Mart, the woman behind us had a daughter who was maybe 7 or 8, who's also dealing with FTT. So we really got talking, more detailed, etc... It was really nice actually to meet someone in person going through the same types of struggles.

So yeah... It's never been a huge deal, and i've never gotten any blatantly rude comments. I don't know how i'd react if i did though... Probably not well!
February 22nd, 2008, 08:49 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I have gotten some rude comments before. I just smile and keep my peace. If someone wants to be ignorant then let them be! I've had people ask me if I was sure of her age too, like she was younger than I thought she was. Those I laugh at.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
February 22nd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When someone makes a comment about how small she is I will say something like "yep, she is tiny".

February 24th, 2008, 11:36 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
We don't get very many comments because Paige is tall. She is REALLY REALLY thin but it is hard to tell when she has clothes on. When her clothes are off she looks sickly thin and frail. If someone does comment I just say "yep, she's small".

February 24th, 2008, 01:43 PM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just dismiss it and say, "Yes, she's small." Every now and then I'll get a really rude pushy person who will just not drop it. Eventually, I just walk away. I still remember one time when Anna was 16 months or so where this old woman at the grocery store was going on and on and on about how tiny Anna was. When she saw another friend of hers, she's like, "Hey Harriett! You'll never guess how old that baby is! Guess!" I started walking away. I overheard behind my shoulder, "16 Months!" "NO!" "I know! Can you believe it?? 16 Months!" I was so angry. I was already halfway down the aisle at this point. I just don't get some people.

Fortunately, I haven't gotten anything over the top like that in a long time. I get the casual, "She's a little peanut," type comments, but those don't bother me because, well, she is!

Video Montage of Anna's First Year
February 25th, 2008, 10:54 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Quote:
I don't get too many comments yet, but now that her sister is getting some chub on her face, Dani looks sooo skinny next to her. I haven't said anything back yet, but once I think of something good, I will.[/b]
I've always wanted to reply with...."No, she's not little...you are HUGE" lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search