FRER progression - DARK bfp at 8 dpo (?)

AIP Peestick Gallery

Compare your test with others in our comprehensive gallery

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Lindsey3109

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Peestick Gallery LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2012, 08:19 PM
Lindsey3109's Avatar Member
I tested first at what I think was 8 dpo. If I o'd earlier, it would have been during af, which would be beyond bizarre for me. Since the earliest days we bd were during af and cd 9, I'm going with cd 9.

The second was 9 dpo and the third was today, 12 dpo. Although I've been drinking a ton of water and peeing frequently, I think the pregnancy line is darker than the control! Does it look like that to anyone else?

I'm a bit nervous as I don't have many strong symptoms, so hpts are my main reassurance right now. You don't even want to know how many ICs I've taken!

July 23rd, 2012, 11:35 PM
Hello! Congrats you are pregnant! they are the clearest lines you will ever get!!
July 24th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Veteran
Wowewww are they clear! Congrats! Maybe they are twins , thus the early stronger lines? Either way many, many congrats!!
July 25th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Veteran
Congrats!! Those are really nice lines and very clear!!

October 24th, 2012, 06:12 PM
pretty congrats
October 30th, 2012, 01:33 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that is impressive! I didn't even get lines like that when I had twins.. there is no way you are further along than you think?

October 31st, 2012, 04:38 PM
Regular
I need lines like that!! COngrats!!!
January 15th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Lindsey3109's Avatar Member
Wow, this is crazy. I'm the OP. I was doing a search for bfp at 7 dpo tonight and I found my old post and thought I should update.

My lines never did get much darker. The first FRER there, the one on 7/21, could not have been taken at anything later than 8 dpo. It was actually probably closer to 7 or 6 dpo.

The day after I posted this, I started spotting brown. I was worried, since I never bled with my first pregnancy (had a dd in 2006; carried her to 42 weeks). By Monday, the spotting was heavier and I saw the doctor. My levels were around 680, they diagnosed me as a "threatened miscarriage." Two days later, my levels had not moved much. An U/S was ordered, and they felt like they saw something in my left tube. I was diagnosed as having an ectopic pregnancy, admitted to the hospital, and given methotrexate. It was the most heartbreaking experience I've ever had. I am still grieving the loss nearly two years later.

I've been ttc since December of 2012. I have not had another pregnancy since my ectopic. I'm updating just in case any other ladies are googling bfps at 7 or 8 dpo and come across my post. The reason my tests were so dark so quickly (but they never got much darker than they were the first day I took them) was because the baby had implanted in my tube. If you get a dark test very early and are sure of your O date, especially if you have brown spotting or pain, I urge you to contact your doctor for serial betas. It may be nothing, but it could be ectopic. My tube was saved and an hsg (which was 100% painless for me! AF cramps hurt worse!) declared my tubes clear, likely because I tested so early and was proactive about seeing the doctor and having betas drawn. My ectopic was diagnosed before it could do noticeable damage (there could be microscopic damage to my tube) or rupture.

Brown blood is often totally normal in early pregnancy, as is an early + hpt and cramping. In my case, however, it wasn't normal; I had all three, along with the unshakable feeling that something was wrong. If you find yourself in a similar situation, please see your doctor right away.

Good luck ladies! I wish anyone reading this a smooth and happy ttc experience!
afwifey09 and katydae88 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search