Evap line or for real?

Miscellaneous Peestick Gallery

Check out pics of digis, OPKs and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscellaneous Peestick Gallery LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Super Mommy
Does anyone else see the line?

I've taken a LOT of Dollar Tree tests and never seen an evap line, so this has me wondering?

Mom to Ashley, Jacob, Joe, Jace and missing Jaren, born still on 6/11/09

excited to welcome our girls born 4/30/2010 !!!

November 6th, 2008, 05:33 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry to say that does look like an evap line to me. I had never had any line on a dollar store test and then one month I had 5 evaps that were a little darker then that and light pink also so I guess they could've been false positives too which I know they are also famous for. I say test again in a day or 2 and if its a positive it should be darker. Good luck hun and keep us updated!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

November 7th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks for your honest opinion, I appreciate it!

Took another this morning, and got another line (it took about 10 min to show up). It might be a bad batch of tests. There seems to be something wrong with the dye. You can see a bit of it streaked through the photo above. The test from this morning has a ton of dye in it! So much that the test is still nearly pink (15 minutes later).

Oh well. Off to find another Dollar Tree with different lot numbered tests (to feed my POAS addiction)

November 7th, 2008, 01:19 PM
TruHope's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a test look like that with the only I can see it line and 3 days later I got a super dark line............give it a couple days, then take a new one! *fingers crossed*
November 7th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the encouragement Debby! How long did it take for you to see the line on your "only I can see the line" test? Today I took 3 DT tests, and am seeing a line on each of them within 15 min now. The first test -in the pic above from yesterday- took 30+ min to show up.

I have not shown Dh the tests. I'm sure he would think I was crazy, seeing these really faint lines. I'm okay if it really is a negative, but would love for it to be a

btw, your little guy has gorgeous eyes!

November 8th, 2008, 04:57 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry to say that if it doesn't show up within the first 10 mins. it's most likely an evap. I would try a FRER or a more reliable test! Good luck hun!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

November 10th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Super Mommy
Just wanted to update!

For 3 days, I was getting these lines on the Dollar Tree tests (at 7, 8 and 9dpo). At first, they took 30+ min to show up. Then it got down to 15 min, and then I could see them within 5 minutes. (all of them very, very light but visible) After the first few tests taken on 7 & 8 dpo, I went and bought tests with different lot numbers to make sure they were not bad tests.

Then, two days ago, the tests started coming up negative. Clearly negative. Not even the hint of a line after 30, 60 or even 90 minutes.

So, even though today is only 11dpo, I'm pretty sure I'm out for this cycle.

(sigh)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search