Evap line??

Miscellaneous Peestick Gallery

Check out pics of digis, OPKs and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscellaneous Peestick Gallery LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Hey Everyone..I had my last period on Decembere 8, 2008..I think I ovulated around the 24th or 25th and I am suppose to start my period tomorrow......Well I couldn't wait any longer to take a test so I went to the dollar store and got one.. Well within about two minutes it showed a very very very faint line of where it would be a positive..BUT I can't tell if its an evap line or a positive line..it is hard to tell..I can really only see it when I hold it a certain way but it is straight up and done..It looks like it could be a very LIGHT pink?? Do you think its positive or an evap line?? Please help me!!
January 7th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Regular
its hard to tell with out a picture.. do you have a pic? If it has light color to it, it could very well be a faint positive but if it has no color it is probably a evap.
January 7th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wait two days and test again. By then your HCG levels will have doubled if you are pregnant so it will be a much more visible line.

January 7th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Give me a few minutes and I will try to get a pic on here...How do I do that??? It looks like maybe the test could have been defective but I dont know..But when I hold it a certain way it definitely looks like it has color but then I dont know...I will post a pic! Would an evap line have showed up that early though???
January 7th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Regular
Quote:
Give me a few minutes and I will try to get a pic on here...How do I do that??? It looks like maybe the test could have been defective but I dont know..But when I hold it a certain way it definitely looks like it has color but then I dont know...I will post a pic! Would an evap line have showed up that early though???[/b]
I don't have alot of experiance with the $store tests but I have heard that usually the evaps show up after the time limit but .. some of the $ store tests have been defective and give evaps bad.
January 7th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I couldn't find my camera so I had to use my phone...Sorry its so blurry..

[img=http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1489/0107091739tj9.th.jpg]
January 7th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's hard to tell because of the dye being the way it is. I'd really wait 2 days and try an FRER.

January 7th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Regular
I tweeked it a little, but the pink color is kind of smeared all across that one area so its hard to tell if there is a deff. line all though I can see what kind of looks like a line. So I would test with a FRER or Answer because if something is showing on a $ test a BFP would certainly show up on a FRER or Answer. GL!!

January 7th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Thank you so much! I see where there could be a line when you tweaked it! But I am so scared its an evap...Would an evap show like that when you did that???
January 7th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Evaps can show when the picture has been altered like that. The best way to tell if it's an evap is in person. If it's a pink dye test and the line has color it isn't an evap. If it's a blue dye test... well, don't use a blue dye test.

January 7th, 2009, 03:21 PM
ahhhh...i'm just so anxious...I have two kids now my son is 3 and my daughter is 18 months..i want my daughter to have a sister so bad!!! also does anyone know if you have cervical mucous around the time your period is suppose to start...I've been having it for about a week now..
January 7th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How exciting! I think the dollar tree tests actually have a very good rep for early positives and accuracy, the downfall being that they are sometimes hard to read due to streaky dye. But that could be a good sign for you! I hope it is a true bfp! As for the cm, unfortunately every woman is different. There is no standard after ovulation. Some women are dry, some have watery cm, some creamy. Its all over the board.

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

January 9th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! Sorry to hear that!

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

January 11th, 2009, 07:17 AM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
sry she showed

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search