Could this be a positive?? (used a fertility shop strip)

Miscellaneous Peestick Gallery

Check out pics of digis, OPKs and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscellaneous Peestick Gallery LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Newbies
Hello everyone

I was hoping to get some opinions.
First of all, I am about 7-9 days past ovulation...according to my charting. I have been sick this cycle (and still am) so I am not 100% sure when ovulation took place.
Anyhow, I took an early pregnancy strip test yesterday and today (I know, prob. too early to test) from thefertilityshop.com (sensitivity of 20 mIU/mL) and there was definitely a very, very faint line. I had taken the same kind of test a few days ago and there was nothing. I heard from someone on another board that this kind of test has been known to give false positives. So... today I went and got a FRER and it was negative. I am not sure if the FRER has the same sensitivity as the other one though.
Has anyone had experience the the fertility shop strip tests??
I am going to post a pic. and would love some opinions as to whether or not it could be a false positive, evap. line, or a possible positive. I do not know what to think at this point.
Thanks!

February 16th, 2009, 04:17 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

my advice, get the walmart brand! it showed up the strongest out of two brands for me. so if you get it tonight and test tomorrow as soon as you get up it will be like 48 hours since this test and could be easier to read. good luck

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

February 16th, 2009, 04:26 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've gotten BFP's on FRER's with a HCG of 5-10 and have a friend who got her BFP on a FRER with a HCG of 4 so they're extremely sensitive. IMO if you got a BFN on the FRER I would believe that over the internet strip test.

But it is early so don't get too down!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search