Opinion: Positive or Negative?

Miscellaneous Peestick Gallery

Check out pics of digis, OPKs and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscellaneous Peestick Gallery LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Hi, I used a dollar store test. I took one a couple of days ago and nothng really showed up so I waited 4 days and after 1 minute this very very faint line showed up, but its like the faintest pink ever. I'm going to retest on Saturday with a First Response test but wanna wait for that. According to the pictures below... what are your thoughts...? BFP or BFN? Hard to capture it with camera but I did my best.

please check out these links for the photos:

http://family.webshots.com/photo/280202716...wq?vhost=family

http://family.webshots.com/photo/242425912...Dg?vhost=family

http://family.webshots.com/photo/230460854...iL?vhost=family

http://family.webshots.com/photo/261025686...Zy?vhost=family
February 25th, 2009, 07:09 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I see a fain, faint line on the first picture. All of the others are to hard to see. If it came up within 1 minute, than its probable a BFP. Wait to retest with the FRER, maybe tomorrow night or Friday morning? Good luck!!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

February 25th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Crystal O_o's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can see a hint of a line, I am not sure. You should test again in a day or two.

Thank you ~Vicki~ for the wonderful signature.
Check out my etsy store for handmade boutique baby items http://MistyDaysBoutique.etsy.com
February 25th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I do see a line...I can't wait to see the next.I would test tomorrow with a FRER.Good Luck and KUP

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

February 25th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Quote:
I do see a line...I can't wait to see the next.I would test tomorrow with a FRER.Good Luck and KUP[/b]
Aww your so pretty!! are all 4 children yours!?!? beautiful kids. I'm going to retest on friday morning
February 25th, 2009, 03:44 PM
SoCaliMommy

I see a faint line
February 26th, 2009, 12:20 PM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
did you retest with a frer

February 27th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Well.... I retested that night again with another dollar store test, and I got a faint positive. but it was a lot more visible then the last one and light pink. My mom didnt know I was even testing hah and she looked at me and said "....you are pregnant arent you!" She I always got this feeling with my sister and sister in law before and both times she was right. lol she said something about a super glossy look to their eyes. Anyhow, my mom is convinced I'm pregnant. But I took a FRER and it came back negative??? theres a ssuuuppperr faint line though. I dont know. maybe its too early? I was due for my period on the 24th.. its now the 27th. I heard of some people taking a while to get a positive hpt because the hcg levels take time to build up. So, we'll see. I must say, I have felt pregnant for 2.5 weeks now. Kinda just feel that way and I would find it hard to believe if I'm not. But I'll be sure to update ya all soon. I'm going to retest on March 4th if no AF has come.
February 27th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Newbies
Most pregnancies DO have a positive test by AF time. However, sometimes it just doesn't happen. I was SEVEN weeks before I got a positive with my son. I had had a couple ultrasounds by that time (there were issues with the pregnancy).

You might see a doc if you don't pop positive by 7 days past AF time.
February 28th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
that first one looks like my first $ test at 10dpo, so I say it looks like a bfp ... but just to be sure you should retest with a frer. good luck!

March 4th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Ooookk! So I'm totally confused and frustrated

I recalculated everything I really should have gotten AF on February 24th...

I'm now 9 days late. I took those dollar store tests that I posted earlier, and two were very light pink positive but I can't seem to get any sort of positive with First Response. I still have really odd symptoms and just havent felt like myself the past while. I wake up almost every night for the past week and a half around 3-5am feeling really nauseated (but not to the point of throwing up). I have stretch marks all around my bb's, visible blue veins, (for 2 weeks now) and yesterday my nipples started hurting (sorry!) They are also deeper in color. I have felt for 2.5 weeks now like I have had a bottomless pit for a stomach and am always hungry. And my emotions have been up and down for 3 weeks.

Has anyone ever taken a long time to test positive on an HPT??
March 4th, 2009, 11:52 AM
karenwalter
Why don't you call your doc and try to get a blood test. It sounds like your PG but odd that you have no positive from the FRER. A blood test will give you a definent yes or no and then you will know for sure.

We all know the waiting is the worst part! Hope you get your BFP!
March 6th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty4ashes View Post
Aww your so pretty!! are all 4 children yours!?!? beautiful kids. I'm going to retest on friday morning
Yes they are all DH and mine.We have been married for 13 years and the oldest is 13 and the youngest is 2.I want one more

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

March 6th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Lee725's Avatar Regular
I have a best friend who now at approx 8weeks (i think) STILL does not show on a home preg test (would not believe it only i have seen it with my own eyes) so yes, it can happen.

Blood tests are the only true reliable way (although false positive home tests are exceptionally rare).

at 9 days overdue for your period your blood test will not only determine pregnancy but also exactly how far along you are.
March 6th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the info I think I need all the encouragement I can get lol. Like, my family isnt being very supportive. Their attitude is kinda "ahhh dont worry about it, your probably not pregnant" but like I know how my body feels ya know, and if I'm not pregnant then I sure am crazy! lol. I've been a lot more emotional the last 2 weeks, I'm easily set off, agitated, and the last 3 days just wanna cry. My nipples started hurting on tuesday and continue too. I've never just had those hurt and not my whole chest. So that's odd. I'm always hungry, feel like I got a bottomless pit for a stomach and on and off if I wake up in the middle of the night I feel really nauseated. I'm not as tired as I was a couple of weeks ago, thats fading but the rest is increasing. I had AF type cramps from about 5days after sex until this past tuesday so thats like 3 weeks, but they arent there as much now. I was on Yaz birth control for 7 months but stopped taking that back in December. Since then I've gotten a short period 3 times at the same time of the month. But still no AF..... not even a hint... and about 11 days late now.... (usually due on the 24th) or if it was off then I'd be 5 days late, but im still very late and dont feel like AF is even close to around the corner anymore. I also have acne all over the back of my neck, a bit on my shoulders, and on the sides of my face and 2 painful ones on the bridge of my nose today. I never get acne. I've been bloated for 3 whole weeks now, I thought it would go away but its there often. I dunno. I'm really frustrated now cuz I dont know what to think. I feel soooo pregnant and everything in me says I am. I keep looking at a picture of a Dollar Tree test I took a week ago and it was faint positive but I havent been able to get the faint positives on the First Response test... only the dollar tree ones, and it was a faint pink line. Ahhh!

I dont wanna go get a blood test cuz I'm afraid of the result. Part of me just wants to keep waiting and retesting over and over with dollar store tests until I do get a BFP. But then If I am pregnant and I'm one of those girls that take a while to show up on an HPT then I could be waiting a while lol and I'm already impatient!

Dollar Store Test: Taken Feb 25th (havent tested with dollar store brand since) http://family.webshots.com/photo/239...r?vhost=family

Last edited by beauty4ashes; March 6th, 2009 at 06:41 PM.
March 6th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
$ Test are bad for false positives.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

March 6th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Looks like a faint line, but those dollar tree tests are bad about evaps. Wait a few days and test again. Fingers crossed that this is your early bfp!!!

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search