Just a thought...please read this !!!

Miscellaneous Peestick Gallery

Check out pics of digis, OPKs and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscellaneous Peestick Gallery LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2009, 08:26 PM
ashnichole2326's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ashnichole2326
So, as some of you have saw, Christina and I have gotten several false + on $ tests this month. I am really mad, as I am sure she is. So, I am thinking of having a man pee and take these tests. I am so serious! I would almost bet he would get a faint line too!! If anyone has one handy, please have your husband take it, and see what happens. I will be doing it as soon as I get my hands on one. lol

I really am not pregnant...positive about it now. I got a - blood test and a - equate hpt. Those tests are the devil ladies!!

Thanks GraysMama for my beautiful new siggy

July 11th, 2009, 08:28 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I hear you! I have had that happen to me too. I think that is why I don't like them. I have a man around but no dollar store tests. LOL.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
July 11th, 2009, 08:29 PM
haha...it is a good ideal isn't it? lol

July 11th, 2009, 10:52 PM
You really should. For some reason, Jerrod doesn't seem too up to peeing in a cup...but my best friend volunteered her husband to do it. lol

i am so sorry, again, that you went through that...we really went through it together at the same time and everything. I doubt there will ever be a day when i laugh about this.

July 11th, 2009, 10:53 PM
momtocuties's Avatar Veteran
What really bugs me about the $ store tests is that they are so inconsistent. i have had some that have had no line at all and some with major evap lines. ARG
#5 EDD 12/19/14, wishing for some PINK
July 11th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just don't like them b/c to me they are hard to see unless you take them apart and then you're really guessing and seeing things that might not be there.

I love those Equate +/- tests but my WalMart has stopped selling them. THey now only carry the Equate blue dye tests that are supposed to be like FRER.

July 12th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do any of you ladies have the batch numbers for your tests? I remember last year sometime there was a bad batch of tests thyat lots of ladies were getting false positives on and it would be useful to know if this is happening again.

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

July 12th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Misty: I will look and see if I can't find a box with the batch # on it. However, some of my tests were Baby Test form DG, and others were New Choice from the $ tree. Are they made in the same place? I know New Choice used to be Baby Test.

Christina: That is so sad that people thought you were lying. I don't know what reason anyone would have for lying about it. Not like saying you are makes you pregnant...which is what we all want.

I don't think anyone thought I was lying. i think they just maybe thought I was silly for using those tests again. lol. Everyone saw it on mine as well. I put my 2nd test on canyouseealine.com and 75% saw my line...a lot weren't sure.

I wonder if maybe those tests somehow pick up on LH even though they aren't supposed to. They do make the New Choice ovulation tests too, so maybe there was some sort of mix up in producing them.

Okay, I have a New Choice box. Lot#: 03119C36E
Exp:05/2011

This was the last test I took, and they didn't seem to have re-stocked yet either. I wish I had a baby test box too.

July 13th, 2009, 07:15 AM
I know most girls do it...especially when AF is unpredictable like mine. I am gonna try not to test again until like 10-12 DPO now that I got xhairs. I am now 5 DPO...so 5 to 7 days for me.

Yeah, I will definitely be using one of those. I have actually used equate and the blue dye test at Family Dollar & DG too...they are the + and - test....and I actually may have got an evap, but it looked nothing like a + and caused me no confusion...it was REALLY thin on the blue test. (I wouldn't even consider that a + so it was okay). I didn't get ANYTHING on equate so it seemed okay.

But yeah...I keep the coupons from the FRER box, as well as the Answer HPT and Ovulation strips, so I will continue to use those from now on. Plus, WalMart had Clear Blue digitals 5 for $20, which I thought was good.

July 13th, 2009, 06:18 PM
That sounds like a good plan to me!!! Hope this is your cycle!! Do you just chart or do you use OPKs or what?? I just started using OPKs although I don't know if they are reliable for me. I did get a + and a bunch of - after that, but the line is still really dark, so who knows. It seems to be the lightest today, so I hope that means I didn't waste my money on them

I am now 5 DPO and on the edge of my seat. lol I have never been 5 DPO on FF before. It is crazy!!! My xhairs usually disappear by now.

July 14th, 2009, 12:14 AM
I'm not regular either, but charting seemed to have picked up my O date this time. It at least lets you know that you have O'd...when it works. It is the first time my xhairs have stuck for more than a day. I would prob. just chart if I was you. It can be frustrating, i'll grant you that...but it can also be exciting, and keep ya from testing too soon.

As far as the OPKs go...Answer brand has them in 20 ct...and they are only $17. Very cheap compared to other brands...they are the same price for 7. I am about to order OPKs and HPTs online to save gas and $. Being irregular will really cause too much testing.

Today I finally got the faintest line on an OPK. I am so glad. It makes me feel better knowing that they work. They were real dark until today and I thought my LH was not going to decrease. hah the first one I took was +...which is why I was testing. I thought it was cuz I was PG. Little did I know I hadn't even O'd yet. How stupid I feel now. lol

Is there any reason for your irregular AFs?? I would prob. check that out if ya haven't already.

August 6th, 2009, 05:55 PM
RawrDiino's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to RawrDiino Send a message via Yahoo to RawrDiino
LISTEN TO ME.

If your husband PEES ON A PREGNANCY TEST AND A LINE SHOWS UP - HAVE HIM TESTED FOR TESTICULAR CANCER ASAP.

HcG is one of two hormones produced in men who have testicular cancer. Of course faint lines can always be nasty evaps - but to be safe ANY POSSIBLE POSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST TAKEN BY A MAN SHOULD BE FOLLOWED UP WITH A VISIT TO A UROLOGIST.

False Positive Pregnancy Test

The above link states this:

4. Certain medical conditions can lead to false positive results.

If you receive a positive result from a home pregnancy test it is important to follow up with your doctor for medical care. Although it is not common, certain rare medical conditions can cause positive results on a home pregnancy test. Certain forms of cancer, such as choriocarcinoma (an extremely rare type of cancer usually found in the uterus) can cause an elevation in hCG levels as well as certain types of breast, ovarian or testicular cancer leading to a false positive result.

I only tell you ladies this to make you aware. I don't want to scare you because we obviously have some problems with evaps and false positives on cheapie tests, but if there IS hcg in your husbands/partners system, it would also be prominent in blood tests, and following up with a urologist for the bloodwork would be best. Home pregnancy tests should NOT be used as diagnostic measures for cancer of any sort - and any positive on a home pregnancy test should only be confirmed to be any thing, whether true pregnancy, or a disease of some sort, by a DOCTOR. I am not a doctor, neither is an HPT. So make sure you follow up with a doctor.

BESIDES THAT:

I try to talk my SO into peeing on sticks for me all the time, he just says its too "weird". XD Good luck ladies!
мα∂єℓуи 4.8.10
вєвє вєαи є∂∂ 7.30.11
ωιfєу тσ נσни 9.25.10
August 11th, 2009, 07:16 AM
That's pretty interesting about the cancer and HPTs...thanks for sharing that!

August 11th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Regular
I DID have DH pee on an IC test... I was testing out the HCG after my m/c (knowing I couldn't O until my levels were below testable)... I got WEEKS of BFPs and had DH pee on one just to prove that they all weren't false... It was the whitest BFN I've ever seen... I had pics in 07... but they got lost when I bought the new comp.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search