D&C is done

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Veteran
Hi ladies,
For those of you that had a D&C, how did you feel? I have no cramping and I'm only bleeding a bit. My Dr. told my husband that I was well on my way to being cleaned out. I started bleeding pretty heavy Sunday night and all day yesterday.

How long did you bleed for after the D&C and how long was it before AF came? Also, did you feel good the first day and then the day after have pain?

My Dr. told me we can ttc when I get my next AF.

I go for a follow-up with him in 2-3 weeks. I'm going to make it 2 weeks because I'm going to be taking clomid and what if I wait 3 weeks to see him and AF comes before that and I don't have the clomid perscription.

Anyways, at my follow-up appt. I will get my perscription for clomid and also a RX for progesterone supplements. He said since this is my 2nd m/c, he wants me on the supplements from the day I get a BFP until about 12 weeks.

I wouldn't let the nurse give me the anesthetic today until I spoke with my Dr. I TOLD him that once I get a BFP, I want HCG checks once a week and I also want an u/s to detect the h/b at 7 weeks. He agreed to my requests.

You see, the thing that burns me is that I saw my Dr. at 8 1/2 weeks and found out today that my HCG was only 8,000. He should have called me immediately and told me it wasn't a viable pregnancy. I still would have needed a D&C, but it would have saved me a $75 copy in the ER and a 5 hour ER stay! He did an u/s at 8 1/2 weeks too and pointed out the fetal pole and said, "that looks like the h/b." Now, his u/s machine is so old, it's not meant to give clear images like those in the hospitals, but he told me on Sunday that when I left his office, he had doubt that it was the fetal pole and believed it was just a static area on the u/s. Now, with that doubt and those low HCG numbers, he should have followed up with me. He knows he screwed up and he knows I know.

My Dr. is an excellent Dr., but I truly believe he made a bad judgement call and when he saw my hcg numbers probably didn't corolate it to me being 8 1/2 weeks. I told him today that I want all caution taken next time. I'm not saying that anything could have been prevented and I'm not saying that next time there won't be something wrong either, but I just wanted to make clear to him today that I'll be dictating my healthcare next time!

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now! lol

I feel better emotionally tonight - although still sad, but I don't feel like I'm going from completely up to completely down each second.

I'll stop babbling now!

January 11th, 2005, 05:34 PM
CindyLou
I think it is great you are so informed about all this. You most definetly should run the show when it comes to your healthcare! Feel better soon, and see you on the TTC board when you are ready!
January 11th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Carah062105's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad to hear that you are feeling ok. I didn't had a D&C so I can't really awnser your questions. I miscarried on Dec. 11 and AF came today, one month later. It's not been a normal AF, but it came with cramping like usual. I bled with the miscarriage for only 7 or 8 days, but again I had it naturally. The baby measured nine weeks and the sac measured 12 when I found out there was no heartbeat. Hopefully your next attempt goes a little better. Baby dust!!

Thanks Melissa (Alison's Mommy) for my awesome blinkies!!!

January 12th, 2005, 06:03 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Shelly, I`m glad to hear you are doing better. I have had 3 D&C`s the past 7 months. With the first 2 I had very little bleeding after. With the last one I had a bit more clots too.Much more discomfort. Then found out I had cysts on my ovaries again. Those darn cysts cause alot of different problems with your body.I ended up with cysts on my ovaries after my first miscarry & D&C. I had to have them removed with Laproscopy surgery.The same symptoms as pregnancy & bad periods. I never had problems with cysts before in my life untill my first miscarry & D&C back in May 2004. I don`t know if there is a connection or not. My doctor is not good with giving me answers about things.

I started my first period Jan.1st. since miscarrying & the D&C on the 9th of Dec. My period was normal.

I`m looking for a new doctor now. My hubby & I are not trying to concieve untill I am seen by a different doctor.

The best of luck to you with TTC!

~~GOD BLESS~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search