Miscarriage advice

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Everyone,

I stumbled upon this forum on the web and read through some posts by some of you already. The support and advice given here is wonderful.
Well it hasn't been confirmed yet, but I'm sure if I haven't miscarried yet, I'm going to. I'm 8 weeks and have been having spotting (with tissue discharge)and cramps. I have noticed a difference in the spotting (sorry to be giving the details here!), it's gone from dark and thick to a red colour just like I would normally have for my period. I was reading another post about someone mentioning something about hemoridging (sorry for the spelling). I went for my first pre-natal visit yesterday and she told me that I've got to go back for more blood tests (BHCG). The thing is, I already feel different. I've lost weight , I've lost my breast tenderness, and I'm 80% sure I've miscarried. I've been reading up on miscarriages and all signs seem to be pointing to 'yes'. My husband and I pretty upset about it but, what's meant to happen, will. I'm already thinking ahead to when my husband and I can start TTC again. I read that you can start as early as after your first menstrual period. Thing is, I don't know when that will be. Anyone have any insight. I'm nervous and confused and would appreciate any input you may have. Thanks so much.

January 12th, 2005, 12:32 PM
zonapellucida
HUGS to start with. Your cycle could take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks to return after you miscarry (some take longer). Sound like your body is taking care of it wihtout medical intervention which is good for you so you don;t have to go through any unecessary procedures. Let nature take it's course and I hope you have a successful pregnancy soon.
January 12th, 2005, 12:39 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello! Sorry to hear you are bleeding.

Did they do an ultrasound on you yet? That was the second thing they did on me when I thought I was micarrying. First thing was a pelvic exam. I have miscarried 2 times in the past 7 months.An Ultrsound will tell if the baby{fetis} is ok or if you have miscarried. I hope all is ok. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I have had D&C`s with both of my miscarraiges...........My doctor told my hubby & I to try to concieve as soon as I have one full cycle. But, I have heard from a few other health providers it is best to wait atleast 3 full cycles. After miscarry twice in 7 months. I agree with waiting the 3 full cycles.

~~GOD BLESS~~

January 12th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have not gotten an ultrasound. All I've done is a urine test at the dr's yesterday and gone for my first of 2 blood tests today. I have to return on friday but since yesterday, things are changing rapidly. My cramps are more severe today, they've only been mild since I began cramping, but the bleeding is more blood instead of spotting now. I'm concerned about hemoridging (sorry for spelling), unless this bleeding is a normal process of the m/c. I've had no pelvic exam either. All she did yesterday was a breast exam and she pressed on my abdomen and was feeling around for things. I'm wondering if I should go to out-patients (emergency) just to be sure but on the other side of the coin, I don't want to bother the emerg dept for something that is just occuring naturally.

January 12th, 2005, 12:59 PM
My doctor told me with an ultrasound they can really tell what is going on in your uteris. Do they think you are miscarrying? I hope everything goes well for you. Please let me know how things are ok?

January 12th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thinking back to yesterday, I'm sure she must think that, but she never really said that to me. She made me aware of the miscarriage statistics and also asked me if I was concerned with my cramping and spotting. That's about it. I don't feel as well informed from my dr. as I should be and after reading your advice, I may go to the hospital after work and see about an ultrasound. Just from the way I'm feeling, I think it's too late, but I'd really like to know what is going on. This is my first pregnancy and I'm sure you can empathize with me after having children yourself, the first one is a bit nerve wracking in many ways. I really appreciate your advice and guidance!

January 12th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Oh you are so welcome! Anytime you need someone I will be around! Maybe things will be ok......Having an ultrasound will let you know what is going on for sure! Take care of yourself......Please let me know how things are ok? You are in my thoughts & Prayers!

January 12th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Veteran
Okay, well first your posts are bringing tears to my eyes. i just had a m/c on Sunday and had a D&C done yesterday. I was 10 weeks (or so I thought).

On Sunday I went to the ER. I was there for 5 hours (it's not a quick process of just getting an u/s) so if it were me and I had to do it again, I would have waited and gone to my Dr's office. In the ER, they'll do a pelvic exam, ultrasound and bloodwork. In my case, the u/s showed an empty sac measuring at 6 weeks.

In terms of bleeding, it's an emergency if it is literally running out of you and you're soaking a pad in an hour or less (I believe). If you are having a m/c, it will probably be heavier than a regular AF.

You need to be the judge though. Only you know your body!

I would definitely recommend an u/s though because they'll be able to see exactly what is going on. I had a D&C because there was a sac and my Dr. told me I could spot for a couple months and I just didn't want to keep going. With the D&C, we can try again almost right away and although this is my second m/c in 6 months, it's what I want to do. The thought of trying again while very scary is the only thing that's keeping me from breaking down.

If you need to talk, I'm here! I really understand how upsetting and frustrating this can be!

Please update us when you can.

January 13th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi all,

Well I'm certainly glad I found this board! I took some advice yesterday and went to the ER. Good thing I did b/c the bleeding was getting heavier. I was asked to give a urine sample and I did, at the same time I passed the sac, which was VERY emotional! I got a pelvic exam done as well. Today I go for an u/s to confirm that everything has/is progressing and there are no other complications. I'm so glad I found this board. The support here is amazing and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
Although it will be difficult for my husband and I to cope with this loss, I'm already thinking of TTC'ing....but not yet. I'm taking it all in strides and when the time is right, it will happen again. My body needs to heal, my heart needs to heal and down the road when the time comes again, it will happen.
Other than each other, I now know where I can find other people to lend an ear for support.
Thanks a million!
Angela

January 13th, 2005, 07:41 AM
I`m so sorry Angela...{{{{{{{{{A BIG HUG}}}}}}}} to you!

Always remember I am here for you!

I hope & Pray you & your hubby concieve a healthy baby when you are ready! TAKE IT EASY!

January 13th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Veteran
Angela,
My thoughts are with you as you go through this!! Take care!

January 13th, 2005, 05:11 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I am so sorry you are going through this. The ladies here are all very supportive. If you need somewhere to talk about things please check in with us. I have had three miscarraiges and every time I read about this I want to cry. Hang in there sweetie. I know I don't know you but I am sending you a big ((hug))

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
January 14th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all your advice and best wishes. It means a lot and I find it very touching how a group of strangers can give so much support to one another without even knowing each other. It's wonderful.
I'm doing alright, I suppose I have good days and bad days emotionally. Physically, I've still got occasional back pain and mild abdomen pain but they're both subsiding just as the bleeding. My parents and my in-laws are coming to visit this weekend. Company will be nice.
Thanks again for all your kind words.

January 14th, 2005, 10:25 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
((Hugs))

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search