Help with charting

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2008, 01:46 PM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies, well i need some help with this charting business. I am a total noob to it all and have no idea what to do or when

I understand you start on cd1, which will be tomorrow if AF comes on time, other than that i have no idea. Oh and i have signed up to fertility friend and had a look on there but now i am even more confused

What do I do with the chart? What exactly does it tell you?

Thanks in advance xxx

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
June 8th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you are going to temp you will want to use a BBT thermometer. You will want to check your temp at the same time every morning and before you even sit up in bed. I just set my alarm for a time I know I would get up every morning even if I went right back to sleep. Keep the thermometer next to the bed. You can get one that will record your last temp. I found that very helpful because when I was too tired to get up I could just shut it off and then record the temp on FF later. After a month of temping it will show you when you ovulate and how long your LP (the time from ovulation to the next af) is. There is a place on ff to show your CM (cervical mucus). Checking this once a day is helpful. After checking mine for a while I learned to only notice when I had the ewcm (fertile cm). There is a tutorial guide on ff. I suggest using it. I found it to be very helpful. I hope that helped a little.

June 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM
~DaemonMykailasMum~'s Avatar 1 of Each is such a Treat
Yep, When you get af, (Ive never really temped the first few days of af..) you can start temping right away, or wait a few days cuz missing a few days during af will not affect FF detecting O for you... But You wana go in there and under "Menses/Spotting" put how ever heavy you are on day 1.. There will be Light, Medium and Heavy.. you put in one of those till af is gone.. Then under Cervical Fluid.. (Theres Dry (meaning none), Sticky, Creamy, Watery and Egg white... thats in order from least fertile to most fertile..) Watery and Eggwhite are the most fertile.. Anyhoo, So you put those in as well as any symptoms (Ovulation pains, tender boobies, etc) and your temp each morning.. I set my alarm on my cell phone, take my temp, type it into my little note pad in my cell, and go back to sleep if DS isnt awake yet.. If hes awake, I will jus get up and put it into FF.. Once FF notices you have fertile CM, +opks (if yer doin those) and 3 high temps.. it will put cross hairs on your chart.. the cross hairs mark when you o'd.. What happens is, before O, your temps will be with in a certain range of temps, usually not varying by much.. Then all of a sudden you will wake up, and it will be noticably higher, and then for the next couple days also.. That means you O'd... Then your temps will stay above the Coverline (The line that goes across, not up and down) after O.. Once you have almost a full cycle charted, you will notice 'Most' (not all) your PRE O temps are below the coverline, and 'Most' your POST O temps will be above the coverline.. Anyhoo! Like the PP said, I would suggest taking the Online Course or what ever it is.. Thats what I did.. and it helped heaps! =) I hoped I helped some too!
Good luck girl! (I just got cross hairs yesterday, 30 days after my d&c! So apparently I o'd on cd 28... But this entire cycle has been WHACKED.. cuz of the loss.. Hopefully next cycle's chart will look a lil more structured lol..)

June 8th, 2008, 07:23 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think they pretty much covered it

I can't wait to start stalkin' ya girl!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

June 9th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Thanks ladies thats helped LOADS

Well AF arrived an hour ago but...obviously as she wasnt here first thing i couldnt temp,does it matter if i start in the morning on cd2 ?

June 9th, 2008, 05:26 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I think they got it covered. It's fine if you start on cd2. I hope charting help you. It helped me figure my cycles out. G/L

June 9th, 2008, 05:29 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
i didnt start temping til cd6 on the first cycle i charted hun and it was fine
you know il be stalkin you so get a lnink in your siggy
xxx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
June 9th, 2008, 08:11 AM
LOL i have even figured out fertility friend yet so when I do ill be sure to stick a link in my siggy x

June 9th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kate,

Thanks for asking. I was wondering myself. I've been debating back and forth if I want to temp or not. I think part of the reason I don't is because its so confusing. We'll see how motivated I get. Anyway, thanks again for asking these questions so I could learn myself. Good luck with your charting!!

June 10th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Thanks waitingtobmommy. I also thought it would be very confusing,but now ive asked these questions and looked at fertility freind and the tutorial emails they sent me, I dont think its confusing at all. May take a while to get used to, but at least im not clueless anymore

June 10th, 2008, 05:01 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They do send you a lot of emails at first which makes it seem a little overwelming.
Once you get started it will become second nature.

Good luck ladies!!!

June 10th, 2008, 05:03 AM
.x~KAT~x.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to .x~KAT~x.
i have just begun charting also....although i cant get preggo...im just practising for now! FF rocks..im sure youl get the hang of it!
June 10th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Quote:
They do send you a lot of emails at first which makes it seem a little overwelming.
Once you get started it will become second nature.

Good luck ladies!!![/b]
Yeah my inbox is full of emails from them

Quote:
i have just begun charting also....although i cant get preggo...im just practising for now! FF rocks..im sure youl get the hang of it![/b]
im just practising too!

June 10th, 2008, 08:13 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely sounds like the ladies helped you out!!!

Charting is helping me a lot with understanding my body, it's a great invention!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search