We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
As some of you may know my first pregnancy ended at 26 weeks when the cord wrapped 4X around my little boy's neck. That was in September of '08 and we have been TTC since December of '08. AF arrived last night so we are on to another cycle. My question is this...I had planned on meeting up with some friends in Nashville this month and now because my cycle became somewhat messed up (spotting for a week and now AF) I think that most of my fertile days and ovulation days will happen while I am in Nashville. My husband is not going to be there with me...hence the problem. I don't want my life to revolve around TTC but I also don't want to look back on this and think, "If I had only been home..." I know that my friends would understand if I didn't go. I just wondered what your opinions on this would be. We are willing to take the loss on the ticket and I could plan another time to go and see them but we can't reschedule the trip because there is a concert that we were going to see while there. I desperately want to become pregnant again and I am worried that I won't have a good time while there because the whole time I will be thinking "I"M OVULATING!!!" I think I have made up my mind but I am also open to views and opinions from others who are also TTC.
Do you think I should go?
Thanks for your....
Last edited by LizaJean75; April 11th, 2009 at 12:57 PM.
First of all I'm so sorry about your little boy! That must have been so hard. HUGS!!!
This is a tough one. On one had I think you shoud go and have some fun. Even though you may lose out on ttc this month, you probably need some stress relief. Maybe you are having a hard time ttc because you are stressed and this would be a nice break. On the other hand you want to do everything possible to get pregnant and not miss the chance, so I understand you not wanting to go.
Are you sure your cycle will be messed up?? How long are you going for? Remember that sprem can survive up to 3 or 4 days, so if you BD just before you leave, will you still possibly catch the egg??? Also, how will you feel if you don't go and then AF shows up (which I totally hope this wouldn't happen - just giving scenerios). Will you be upset and think that you should have gone on your trip. Something to think about.
Only you can make that decision. Go with whatever is more important to you! Good luck!!!