If you are allergic to latex...

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2009, 07:52 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
What pads/tampons do you use?

I have been using Always pads forever, but for a while now they haven't been the most comfortable. Usually by the end of AF I would be incredibly uncomfortable. I never thought about the possibility of latex. This month though, the reaction was almost immediate, and just laying the pad on my leg for a sec makes my leg feel like it's on fire. After a quick google search, I found that they do in fact use latex (though it does NOT say so on the package!) So, what do you use? I've only ever used Always.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
November 16th, 2009, 07:55 AM
noworries
I didn't even know latex was in pads/tampons. I usually just buy cheap tampons to use.

You might want to look into using a menstrual cup.
November 16th, 2009, 08:30 AM
krystal g's Avatar Happy to be a SAHM!
I always use tampons (except after m/c). My personal favorite is Tampax Pearl - I never have leakage problems. I prefer the plastic applicator as opposed to cardboard...but I have no idea if there is any latex in them.

My blog!
November 16th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
*bump*

Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
November 16th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
Kotex tampons have been the ones I usually use & Always pads or Kotex

When I was 9-17yrs old I usually used Tampax or Playtex tampons (obviously not until I was a teen) & Carefree pads

November 16th, 2009, 07:05 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I have always used pads. I can't use tampons. But I use always as well so probably not much help. You might want to check OB tampons. They tend to not have as many things added I think.
Do you use tampons?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

November 16th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I had been using Always pads with the occasional Tampax Pearl. I wasn't using the tampons often because they were uncomfortable, but I'm thinking it's because I'm probably swollen from the latex pads.

November 17th, 2009, 01:00 AM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am allergic to latex, but I actually have urinary issues as well, so I use Poise Pads, which are much bigger than sanitary pads, so not much help, though I do know they are latex free. I will try to find the list of latex free products I have and let you know what I find!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
November 17th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
Here is a link for Latex free products.. also the Diva Cup is Latex free

Latex Free Home Product List

Another Link

Feminine Hygiene Products, Organic Cotton Tampons, Natural Disposable Pads, Maternity Pad

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
November 17th, 2009, 11:05 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
I have always used always as well and playtex tampons. The always liners irritate me bad, but the pads are ok.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

November 18th, 2009, 02:36 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I am allergic to latex, and had issues with chafing and discomfort.

I now use reuseable products. A menstrual cup, and cloth pads. Surprisingly they work BETTER than disposable products, and washing is easier than you would thing.

Google cloth pad, or diva cup for more info. Don't look for keeper cups, as they are made out of latex.

October 12th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esparando para bebé View Post
What pads/tampons do you use?

I have been using Always pads forever, but for a while now they haven't been the most comfortable. Usually by the end of AF I would be incredibly uncomfortable. I never thought about the possibility of latex. This month though, the reaction was almost immediate, and just laying the pad on my leg for a sec makes my leg feel like it's on fire. After a quick google search, I found that they do in fact use latex (though it does NOT say so on the package!) So, what do you use? I've only ever used Always.
I use always as well. My reaction to latex has developed over the last few years. I don't care what they say, I can't wear one for more than a day without developing redness and a severe itch and swelling. So I agree, they contain latex.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search