When can I expect AF??

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
First...a little background info.
My DH and I have been married since Oct. 03. Went off the pill then. Finally saw a dr about wanting not to wait until another year or 6 months past before becoming "aggessive" about conceiving. (I have been married before and miscarried at 6.5 wks with a chemical pregnancy). Also, my dh is type 1 diabetic.

So, you can see...things seemed stacked against us from the get-go. My cycle started 1/10/05, took clomid 5-9. 2/16 took hpt, guess what!!! BFP! Saw dr and all counts too low, they didn't like it. Had Rhogam injection (since found out dh is also -bloodtype, but they say that's okay, won't hurt anything). Still felt pg, had questions...made them draw again. Beta test showed hcg went from 29-104 two days time. Everyone confused...me especially. Blood drawn again on 2/21 hcg now up to 513, progesterone which started low, began climbing on its own too. Again, everyone confused...nurse says "wonder if there may be more than one". Had ultrasound on 2/23 dr saw thick lining, normal, or abnormal if its ectopic or blighted ovum. won't know til next week when you are further along he says. Had more blood drawn that day...results following day showed hcg down from 513-126. Finally seeing that it is NOT going to happen this pregnancy. The second ultrasound a week later showed nothing in the uterus...which is good I guess. No D&C needed. I was about 5.5 wks along.

Now to my question...when should I expect AF? Anxious to get going again. I know I should wait til next "full" cycle, but I'd like to have some idea of when AF will show her ugly face! Reading other posts it seems to take longer after surgery or D&C, so I don't know what to expect.

Also, finally stopped bleeding on Thursday (after bleeding for 2 weeks...it started the day I found out I was pg). So, I'm feeling better and a little "in the mood"! DH says, "I want to wait to see what the dr says. You just had a miscarriage...don't want to hurt something up there. something may be going on in there". I told him Nothing is going on...I know it won't hurt anything, but he worries so. I love him for it, but the way my luck is, he'll finally believe it's okay and AF will show!!!!

So, sorry this is long, I'm a talker....but if anyone can shed some light, that would be great!! I am new to this site and have read probably everything everyone has written so I think I'll enjoy being here!

Thanks so much!!

Amber 32
DH (Steve) 30

no kids...3 dogs are our babies right now.

March 6th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Amber,

First I wanna say I'm sorry for your loss. I had an m/c on Jan 12 at 8wks. I bled for about 10 days after my m/c which occurred naturally as well. For me, my period came on Feb 15, which is about normal time for me. I've been charting my periods since June 2004 and they ran from 31-35 days so I guess AF came back within that time frame. DH and I are ttc now as this is the first cycle after the m/c.

Good luck TTC! There's a lot of women on these boards that have lots of advice for you. They're truly wonderful!

March 6th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
Thanks for the info! My cycles are extra long too it seems. Usually between 33 and 36 days. Makes waiting for it that much harder sometimes.

I guess now I just have to do some math to figure out when it should show. Should I start counting from when the bleeding started? Will my body think the bleeding was AF? Or will it 'know' it was a m/c? Still a little confused about that. The drs nurse will be back in the office Monday but that's TOMORROW!! I have become very impatient!!!

Everyone has been so great! My cousin is about 4 months along and we are very close, I'll be seeing her today. I'm happy for her, she tried for a long time too, but its sorta hard to see her too...she's starting to show a little. I'm just jealous of her. She had a m/c too, so she understands what Im going through, but it's nice to have other people to talk to about it.

Im adopted so even talking to my mom doesn't help all that much!! Though she tries. All I can say is THANK GOD FOR THE INTERNET!!!!!!

March 6th, 2005, 11:57 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry for your loss.......My heart goes out to you.

After both of our miscarries last year.{May 20th & Dec 9th} I had D&C`s. My periods came as they normally would.

I hope & Pray all goes well for you!

GOOD LUCK WITH TTC!
We are here for you! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

March 6th, 2005, 01:31 PM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
I was also 5 weeks when I m/c, and I m/c naturally I only bled 5 days with the mc, and my regular period in feb came a week later than what it was s'pose too but it was exactly 4 weeks after the m/c.. I also had laparoscopy a few days before my period which could had made it late also..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search