the doctor says 4 weeks?

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
Hey all~
Does anyone know if the doctor says she wants to see me in four weeks for a follow up appt from m/c, should it be 4 weeks from the actual m/c? That would have been almost 2 weeks ago. So, should I set it for 2 wks from now??

I tried to ask the nurse, but before I could get the question out, she transferred me to scheduling. I had to leave a message.

Also, she said the ultrasound from last week showed it was a 'complete miscarriage'. But, this week I am feeling slightly crampy and my lower back is kind of hurting. Is this normal? I am not bleeding at all from the m/c any longer. And, I have been wearing my boots that have about an inch or better heel, so my back may be sore from that. Just thought I'd ask. I don't usually get ovulatory or menstrual cramps, so I don't know if that's what I'm feeling or not.

Any help would be fantastic!! I know I can ask the girl from the office when she calls to schedule me, but again...I have no patience!!

March 7th, 2005, 11:10 AM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
I went for a post check-up 2 weeks after my m/c, but I also had cysts. I was only 5 weeks when I m/c'd and mine was complete also, but I also felt pregnant after it, I still had swelled boobs, and cramping, and all the symptoms I had when I was pregnant, about a week later they disappeared.. When you do go back they will probably do another sonogram to check your uterus..
March 7th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Veteran
I would say if you spoke to her this morning than it would be 4 weeks from today. It's hard to do, but I would really suggest not over-analyzing what your body is doing right now. I am so sorry for your loss! One thing I learned with my m/c's is that your body will do what it needs to do. I'm also a very impatient person, but you just have to wait it out. Typically AF shows up 4-6 weeks after your m/c no matter how far along you were.

The waiting is horrible and I hope it goes by quickly for you!

((((HUGS))))

March 7th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks. I know not to over analyze, but it IS hard to do. I had a m/c about 5 years ago, but don't remember having any of the feelings I did this time. Other than sheer sadness. That time though I also did NOT really ever feel pregnant when this time I did. Hopefully the next time will take. Isn't the third time the charm? At least I can say I "got" pregnant twice, which I know is more than some can say. Now I just want something to show for it.

I'm just looking forward to being able to try again. Besides...that is the FUN part right??!!

March 7th, 2005, 03:16 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} So sorry for your loss!

I agree with Shelly....... I hope all goes well for you!
Please keep us updated on how you are doing,ok?

March 7th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, I will keep you updated. It's nice to have people to talk to about these things. The girls at work don't really understand and I feel like they are probably tired of hearing me talk about it. Even my DH doesn't want to talk about it that much. I almost feel obsessed with the subject. Pregnancy in general, not just m/c.

I really appreciate all the support I've gotten. I'm afraid this is going to be a long 4 weeks! Not to mention the two weeks after AF!! AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!

March 8th, 2005, 04:13 AM
Veteran
It does seem like a long time and the waiting is horrible. I just ovulated last week on cd20 so my waiting was even longer. It feels good to be back at it - to at least have the opportunity to get pg.

Hang in there.

We're all here for you! Did you make your Dr. appt?

March 8th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I made the appointment. The scheduling nurse said that we could go ahead and set it for 3 weeks out. Just in case it should be four from the m/c. However...the doctor is on vacation the last week in March!!! So, I go at 9:00am on April 5. Which, oddly enough, is exactly 4 weeks from today!! Oh well, at least (I'm hoping) by then AF will show and I can get info from the doc about what to do this time to nip the m/c in the bud.

March 9th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Regular
Hi Amber...My name's Lisa and I'm new to this board....but the last month has been pretty much exactly what you have been describing. On Feb 15 I found out I was pregnant by going to the ER with cramps and backache, after taking 7 p.t.'s at home (all coming up neg). At first they thought it might be ectopic but after some tests that was ruled out and I was told I was about 5 weeks along and having a m/c. Last week I was back in the ER with the same thing going on and after spending an entire day there was told my M/C had completed. Now I am still bleeding and have the occasional pulling cramplike feeling in my abdomen. I'm tired of all the bleeding and have no idea when I am going to be able to expect my period to return to normal so we can start trying again. Like you, I'm frustrated with the Dr.'s office and not really getting a certain answer from anyone. Like, When's a safe time to start trying again? I've heard so many different things...also ..how long does the bleeding continue? Is it 3 weeks from the time it completes? or is the from the start? ...Anyways I'm confused and anxious and wanting to get on with our life....Am scared to even have sex right now ....anyways...sorry for going on and on ...just need to get it out ...and it's nice to know that others are going through the same thing.
Quote:
Originally posted by AmberL@Mar 7 2005, 01:16 PM
Hey all~
Does anyone know if the doctor says she wants to see me in four weeks for a follow up appt from m/c, should it be 4 weeks from the actual m/c? That would have been almost 2 weeks ago. So, should I set it for 2 wks from now??

I tried to ask the nurse, but before I could get the question out, she transferred me to scheduling. I had to leave a message.

Also, she said the ultrasound from last week showed it was a 'complete miscarriage'. But, this week I am feeling slightly crampy and my lower back is kind of hurting. Is this normal? I am not bleeding at all from the m/c any longer. And, I have been wearing my boots that have about an inch or better heel, so my back may be sore from that. Just thought I'd ask. I don't usually get ovulatory or menstrual cramps, so I don't know if that's what I'm feeling or not.

Any help would be fantastic!! I know I can ask the girl from the office when she calls to schedule me, but again...I have no patience!!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
March 10th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lisa~

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like we would have been on about the same schedule! I had a faint positive line on a pregnancy test on the 15, but talked myself out of it. I figured I waited too long to read the test. I began bleeding (red blood) on the 17th. I was spotting a couple days before, but not much.

My bleeding lasted ( from when it started) exactly two weeks. I've had no bleeding since. I"m not sure why you are still bleeding. Have you called the doctor? Mine said I could expect bleeding to last for a week or so. I guess it did if I miscarried on the 25th. I bled for a week before and about a week after. I hope you stop soon.

Like you, I am wondering when we can try again. I have heard to wait through one regular cycle. I guess that means when I have a period again, start that month. However, I have also heard that you can ovulate after a miscarriage and some have gotten pregnant before they get their first post m/c period. I'm not sure how successful that pregnancy would be...but it's hard not to try this time.

I would be happy to discuss any of these things with you...especially since we are on about the same time line. I was about 5.5 weeks along when the mc happened.

Again...so sorry for your loss. Do you have other children or are you ttc your first?

March 11th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Regular
Hey Amber...thanks for responding....no ..this is my first pregnancy ..I actually just got married in August too ....so I'm super excited to be starting a family soon. I hate that I'm still bleeding....my dr. said that I could bleed for as long as 6 weeks....so I've heard so many different things. I think it's kindof starting to subside now which I'm just crossing my fingers about. Was this your first pregnancy? It kinda scares me to start trying again. We just started have sex again and I could barely contain myself and broke into sobs afterwards......takes time I guess....Is this normal?
March 11th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your recent marriage. If your doctor said you may bleed for 6 weeks, I wouldn't worry too much. I hope for your sake it doesn't last too much longer.
I would also say ... that anything you feel right now would be normal. My miscarriage happened a couple weeks ago and some things are still hard for me emotionally. It does take time.

But, the good thing is that you did get pregnant. That's what I try to focus on. How long have you been trying? If it hasn't been too long, I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes it takes healty couples a pretty long time to conceive.

I was pregnant once before that also resulted in a miscarriage. I may have been pregnant at some point in between the two because I know of at least two periods that seemed abnormally lengthy. But, since many m/cs happen before you realize you're even pregnant, I can't say for sure.

I'm anxious to try again. My husband is a little more hesitant. He worries about my health and safety most. I think he just doesn't want me to have to go through another m/c. I just want a happy and healthy baby. So, I will do whatever it takes to get there!!

Good luck in ttc. We're all here for you!! Anytime! Remember what I said, anything you feel is normal. Everyone is different and every pregnancy is different. If it takes a year to get over your loss, then that's how long it takes. No one will judge you.

Take care and try to relax and just have fun!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search